Santa Cruze ride

GoldenMotor.com

w31john

Jan 4, 2008
san jose ca
Santa Cruz ride was a lot of fun last weekend. We rode well over 40 miles along the coast. Take a look at the pics.(c)

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
It was definitely one of our better rides. Beautiful scene and watching the women playing volleyball was an added bonus. (^)

Pictures are a little deceiving...Lean Dean looks thinner than me!rotfl

gb123

Apr 7, 2008
San Jose
Yea! That was a great ride. I'm the shorter (I was standing in a ditch) thin, good looking guy in the group photo;)

Good weather and scenery and the bikes ran very well. I still cant believe those evil tuned pipes didn't cause our engine to just explode or something.....

Thanks for taking/posting the pictures, John. (c)

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I still cant believe those evil tuned pipes didn't cause our engine to just explode or something.....
Its b/c we're not in Ocean Park, WA. :D

BTW Welcome Gary the the forum or as Norm would say...THE DARKSIDE!(^)

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
So whose bike is whose? rotfl
Starting from right to left we have:
Lean Dean's machine
Big John's chopper
My Beach cruiser
and last but not least
World motor bicycling Champion GB123's MEAN MACHINE!!!

Last edited:

Gronkster

May 20, 2008
Your ride brought back memories, twenty five years ago I live outside Los Gatos. Use to ride my Honda Sabre through the mountains to Santa Cruz and visit the beach and boardwalk. From there we would headed north on highway one to Pescadara Beach. Somehow I can't visualize that little 70cc bike on that twisty mountain road. Now I live in Ohio and that was a fond memory.

Gronkster

May 20, 2008
From what I remember about that road it had some steep inclines and nutsey drivers. I just finished my first bike and it did have some trouble with some of the hills here in Ohio. I weight 250 and am running a 44t sprocket. The bike is still in it 's breakin period so I hoping it gets a little better after time goes on or change sprockets. It's a great ride on highway 1 toward SF. I seem to remember it was flat, sandy, and beautiful.