Loving my new gel seat and thinking about bike parts &stuff

GoldenMotor.com

Speedy Wilson

Mar 10, 2009
Ringgold,GA
Hello World,
Just another wet day in my little podunk town. I went to wal-mart and as I always do I look at the bikes,bike parts and fishing lures. I seen a snell? gel padded wide seat and thought about my but after a long ride on the hard plastic/vinyl generic one on my bike. I figured a good saddle is a good investment. Well,let me tell ya,I would have gave doubble for it after the change in comfort my new seat has given me. I even rode in the rain just to give it a try. It's like sitting on a pillow.Best $20 I could have spent on my bike. I recommend getting one.
Another thing I seen was the disk brake setup on the new "Jeep" brand mt. bikes. I would like to have the bike but they are almost 400 bucks...ouch. Anyone know if you can by a disk brake kit for a regular rim? I figured the stopping power would go good with a motorized bike.
Ok,this is just a thought,but does anyone on here ever build a frame or bike from scratch? I would like to build a chopper type bike. Ive been looking around and have seen some really nice motorbikes that look like mini choppers. Polished engines,lots of rake and fork ,ape hangers that kind of stuff.
After I get my kit I am wanting to get a mig welder,would like gas shielded but my budjet says its flux core time.I never tried to tig...a polished aluminum chopper frame would be so cool...yeah I'm day dreaming again. When I cant weld pretty I can grind it pretty...lol
I hate to admit it but my weedeater bike project crashed and almost burned. I had to give it one more try and I set my 2x4 brace on fire with the exhaust. It was a thrown together death trap but I had fun with it. For about 2 blocks..lol..duh.
I was thinking about the friction drive diy crowd today too. Wally world has these brass and rubber boat plugs that may make a decent drive wheel. Have to drill the small threads out but they are about an inch in dia.
One last thought..wouldnt it be cool to have a v-twin kit engine? Are they even made?.bld.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I had a gel seat until my dog ate it, I loved it.

Look into this for disc brakes..... Brake Therapy Disc Brake Conversion

There are several members that build there own frames.

V-twin:

http://motorbicycling.com/f36/any-suggestions-how-install-twin-cylinder-4839.html

http://motorbicycling.com/f36/any-suggestions-how-install-twin-cylinder-4839.html
There are few more threads about a v-twin, I just can't seem to find them.

Boat trailer roller's? You mean like these? Have not mounted them yet but hopefully soon.

Attachments

Speedy Wilson

Mar 10, 2009
Ringgold,GA
hey fairracing31...the rollers i was talking about were the drain plugs for the live wells i believe...and d.j....thanx for the link. I found out where the rocket powered bike pic came from guys...popular mechanics magazine.It is a pulse get engine.I just wonder how the guy got the parts to build it...that would be so cool on a trike..lol
I want to ride so bad today but it is raining here off and on. I decided to pressure wash the house instead. **** of a trade off huh?
I looked at the brake site..cool setups but no prices listed..looks expensive though. The rears look like it could interfere with a rear mb sproket..maybe or maybe not.

Last edited: