california laws?

GoldenMotor.com

ryan2249

Apr 10, 2009
Visalia, CA
I ride nearly every day in CA too, my bikes only 2 months old and has about 800 miles on it. The police here dont do anything, just make sure you've got lights at night and a helmet at all times and the cops here dont even look at you. It doesnt hurt to stop for stop signs too, if they see you obeying the law they arent gonna bother with you.

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
I ride nearly every day in CA too, my bikes only 2 months old and has about 800 miles on it. The police here dont do anything, just make sure you've got lights at night and a helmet at all times and the cops here dont even look at you. It doesnt hurt to stop for stop signs too, if they see you obeying the law they arent gonna bother with you.
Now your talkin friend! You're exactly right about the coppers. Just obey the street laws and you'll be fine. Went on a 30 mile ride with Rockvoice today, China town, Downtown, bad neighborhoods, etc. Was a blast! I think there's a good ride commin up on the 30th. See you creeps there!cvlt1 {Angry Samoan}

Psycho.mc

May 27, 2009
Canoga Park
exactly!!!!
i ride in the valley in cali
all you gotta do is look around if a cop looks like a jerk hit the kill ,pedal for 2 mins then start up again

I ride every day in cali...
If you have a M1 or M2 license, wear a helmet, (I don't wear one) & have bicycle lights at night; & if you see any police, slow down, smile & wave to them!
If you do these things, YOU WILL NEVER HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with them!
Now go ride & have fun!! (^)

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
exactly!!!!
i ride in the valley in cali
all you gotta do is look around if a cop looks like a jerk hit the kill ,pedal for 2 mins then start up again
Get this Psycho, I was cruisin my stretch cop bike at a Harley Dealership and a Rampart Sherriff saw my bike {off duty}. He says' "I gotta have that thing"! I said , "You want this one, or a brand new one"? Long story short- Me and Rockvoice ended up buildin a clone bike for him! dnut

the willi

Apr 21, 2009
west covina,ca
I ride every day in cali...
If you have a M1 or M2 license, wear a helmet, (I don't wear one) & have bicycle lights at night; & if you see any police, slow down, smile & wave to them!
If you do these things, YOU WILL NEVER HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with them!
Now go ride & have fun!! (^)
i agree with vencie boy just obey thy laws and know problems!!!!!!

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
.duh.Heres the law in regards to riding motorized bikes in california,got it off the chp web site.

What is a moped or motorized bicycle?

•There are two types of motorized bicycles, defined in the California Vehicle Code (VC) Sections 406(a) and 406(b).
•Section 406(a) VC refers to a moped or motorized bicycle as any two or three wheeled device having fully operative pedals for propulsion by human power, or having no pedals if powered solely by electrical energy, has an automatic transmission, and a motor which produces less than 2 gross brake horespower and is capable of propelling the device at a maximum speed of not more than 30 miles per hour on level ground.
•Section 406(b) VC refers to a motorized bicycle as a device that has fully operative pedals for propulsion by human power and has an electric motor that:
◦Has a power output of not more than 1,000 watts;
◦Is incapable of propelling the device at a speed of more than 20 miles per hour on level ground; and
◦Is incapable of further increasing the speed of the device when human power is used to propel the motorized bicycle faster than 20 miles per hour.
Helmet requirement

Motorcycles, Motor-Driven Cycles, Motorized Bicycles/Mopeds (Section 406(a) VC ) - A helmet meeting Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 218, self-certified by the manufacturer and displaying a 'DOT' emblem must be worn by all riders of motocycles, motor-driven cycles, and motorized bicycles/mopends.

Motorized Scooters - A bicycle helmet meeting the standards of either the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) or the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) must be worn to operate a motorized scooter.

Motorized Bicycles (Section 406(b) VC) - A bicycle helmet meeting the standards of either the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) or the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (SPSC) must be worn to operator a motorized bicycle.

What is a motorized skateboard or motorized scooter?

•Effective 1/1/2005, a motorized scooter is any two-wheeled device that has handlebars, has a floorboard that is designed to be stood upon when riding.
•May have a driver seat that does not interfer with the ability to stand and ride and may also be designed to be powered by human propulsion.