Whats your "Run In" set up like

GoldenMotor.com

cyclepro101

May 13, 2009
NEWCASTLE
I am running in my second engine now and found that the 1:16 with full synthetic oil is way too much oil. There is oil dripping out of the muffler everywhere, thats why I have not put the SBP Pipe on yet. So I have wound the mixture back to 1:25 and it still smokes but is a bit better. I added the new fuel mix while the motor was idling and when the new gas hit the carb the revs went way up. So I will run a vouple of tanks through with 1:25 then go to 1:30 and put the pipe on. But I will not run at WOT until I have done at least 500km's.

So what do u do?

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
I used non synthetic 2 cycle for air cooled the first 3 gallons. 8oz 1st gal. then 7 then 6. I switched to synthetic on the 4th gallon with 5oz been running 4oz/32:1 ever since. I'm watching the 100:1 thread closely though. I think 32:1 is still to much oil.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I run 24:1 non synthetic, and go to 24:1 for ever after.
I start them up, run them up and down the street for about 15 minutes with varied throttle and rpm, and after that, I just ride. Never broke or smoked one yet, and I am going on built no. 12.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I used non synthetic 2 cycle for air cooled the first 3 gallons. 8oz 1st gal. then 7 then 6. I switched to synthetic on the 4th gallon with 5oz been running 4oz/32:1 ever since. I'm watching the 100:1 thread closely though. I think 32:1 is still to much oil.
I was like everyone else, broke the first few in at 20:1. Thought that sounded awfully rich but figured it must have something to do with these Chinese engines. When I noticed they always dripped oil after each ride I decided that was way to rich. Since then I have gone to 50:1 then when I found out about the Opti-2 oil, made right there in Blain Washington, I switched to the recommended 100:1 mix. My bikes have never run better.
I will be the first one to tell you guys if I have any trouble. I know of four of us here in my area running the 100:1.

John

Attachments

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
Every lawn care, chain saw and small engine forum that I found had folks that rave about Opti-2 for two-cycle engines. They run it in their mowers, weed eaters, chain saws and blowers with many of them using it in multiple engines for many years. The only negative comment I found was from a guy who said it fouled his plug.

Like here at this forum, there are people there that are worried about the 100:1 mix, but nobody that actually uses it said they had a problem.

I think this link states it best-
Which 2-cycle oil for Toro snow blower.

If the people that depend on these engines for their livelihoods trust it, that’s good enough for me. I’m switching.(^)