Glow in the dark!

GoldenMotor.com

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Well I am finally getting my bike back up and running after a long cold winter. While going through my garage I found a small container of glow in the dark paint. This got me to thinking about using something like this on the bike, being as I work nights and am riding typically at night.

Was really wondering and wanting to see if anyone on here has done anything like this to their bike....and if so lets see some pics.

I am planning on trying something like this, though end pictures are always a good thing as well!

Avalanche

Jan 24, 2013
Rhode Island
I know that there is SUPER REFLECTIVE safety material, made for safety vests/clothing/equipment. when light hits it it becomes impossible to not see it. I've thought about buying a vest to wear while riding at night, kind of like what you might see joggers or people walking at night wear.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I've thought about buying a vest to wear while riding at night, kind of like what you might see joggers or people walking at night wear.
I wear a safety vest and I am a true believer it does help day or night. I can truly notice the difference on how the cars pass me and react to me when I am wearing it versus when I am not.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Agreed on the vest.... I have a few PT belts that I wear when riding.

One think I have found in the day time is to actually wave at people. This way they have to see you when they respond :D

vadien

Jun 1, 2014
Concord, NH
I have some noteworthy experience with glow in the dark materials, and in my experience, they're too dim to do much good unless they're pretty fresh charged.

Reflective material, on the other hand, is practically a necessity these days. I know where to get adhesive and iron on tape and shapes if you're interested in the bike being as bright as the vests!

Lightning Boy

Apr 19, 2014
Michigan
My brother once had a glow in the dark BMX frame (forget the make), that was factory paint. It did work pretty well in the dark when it got some sun during the day. Not as good as reflective material I suppose, but you could certainly see it.