New Honda 50

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I manged to find some throttle stuff on a old weedeater that worked pretty well. I didnt' want to do a different carb. I don't know if it works yet cause the bike isn't together yet, but it does move properly so i think it will work.

Fred
Wow Fred. I missed this post. Very Cool! Can you post pics? Would really help folks. I know I was pulling my hair out for many hrs trying to come up with a good throttle assembly.

Fred

Sep 25, 2008
Hey Dan, I'll post some pics here in the next couple of days. I had an engine mount issue that had to be taken care of. the cheap metal that the chinese use stripped out and the nuts came lose on the seat post mount so I had to take the aluminum bracket off get the old studs out and put in some new ones. I went to Ace and bought some nice stainless bolts screwed them in then cut the heads off and was able to bolt everything back up. turned out easier than I thought. was able to get away without having to completely remove the engine and everything. Don't know if anyone else has had the problem or if it is writen up here, but i'm thinking about doing a quick how-too with a pic or 2 to post here to help others out. need to first figure out how to post pics though. once I do i'll post the pics of my throttle. also looking into something else for the chain tensioner. Bike is running though and it's a blast. I have about 8-10 miles on it now I think. Still have to put some parts back on (chain guard and fender).

Fred

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very cool Fred, looking forward to your pics. Always good to see "how2s". Lots of info around on how to post pics or can post em in photobucket or any of them and copy and paste here. I find that the easiest way.

My dang clutch is gone to the great scrap heap in the sky. I had dabbed the gears in the GB with lithium and killed it. Great lesson there.

Dunno if you have seen this but Glacknoid posted a new Grubee clutch; http://motorbicycling.com/f37/new-centrifugal-clutch-coming-soon-7479.html
Kind of exciting as I need one any way.

Last edited: