Labor Day grilling...Beer brat hot tub.

GoldenMotor.com

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
Grilling out a bit today. Got 20 brats on, doing some drunk onions and bell peppers in PBR. Smoking the brats in hickory. Can't wait.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm doing baby back ribs. Dry rubbed with my own home made rub and got my cherry, apple and mesquite chips soaking now. A couple of anahiem peppers from the garden, some pickled cucumber/jalapeno combo and some fries. Oh, and a cold Corona, maybe two.

Happy Labor Day, guys.

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I get to spend the entire "Labor Day Holiday Weekend" at work........as I have every year since 1982. Great holiday for the retail folks........

I've just done this for so long, I probably wouldn't know how to make a 'proper' living doing anything else. Cie la vie..

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
I get to spend the entire "Labor Day Holiday Weekend" at work........as I have every year since 1982. Great holiday for the retail folks........

I've just done this for so long, I probably wouldn't know how to make a 'proper' living doing anything else. Cie la vie..
Gotta do what you gotta do. I would be nosy and ask what you do but I wont. LOL.

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
I'm a manager that wears an 'orange apron' at a big box store.
Oh that place! My step-dad loves that place. He's there at least 2-3 times per week. He literally spent three hours in there one day. I told him he should move in. I'll be sure never to mention that someone online works there or else I'll probably get bugged to death.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I am about to go in and make up my famous KC's shush-kabobs to take to a pool party BBQ with our closest friends today.

I won't make you drool with pics of how I have make them but sice it is the end of summer some BBQ tips may be in order.

Enjoy the long weekend ;-}

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
LMAO I didn't know that was the spoken rule. That is just how it goes here. Of course, unless I am doing pulled pork or ribs then it is everybody out of the kitchen so I can prep them. I think we need a BBQ thread. I use my smoker and grill year round.

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
Here's my "old reliable" smoker. It's small but gets the job done and the fact that is well seasoned LOL. Lot of years of service. ;) Notice how the ribs almost take up the whole space.

sm1.jpg

sm2.jpg

sm3.jpg

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Actually I think there is an older thread devoted to grilling out but it won't hurt to rehash some of it here.

I cook out all year too. And that means rain, snow, even a hail storm. I was grilling out last week during a hail storm and dodging hail stones the size of marbles. They were hitting in my basting pan and spashing in my beer and herb solution. My wife said I was crazy. I prefer to think of it as a harmless obsession.

I'm also a hard core charcoal burner. No gas grill for me. I'd just as soon cook my meat over the stack of a semi as to cook with propane. Don't want steaks with a petroleum taste. And beer. I marinate all my meat in beer and spices. Sometimes I'll add a little red wine too, usually a nice cabernet.

Tom

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
Forget gas cooking! My philosophy is if you are gonna use gas, might as well stay inside to cook. I don't even use charcoal, I use wood all the way. I've cooked in the rain and snow before too. LOL Never a hail storm though.

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
BTW I use beer at times and homemade BBQ sauce depending on how I feel. BTW the more I come here the more I love this place LOL.