Honda acceloration hesitation frustration situation.

GoldenMotor.com

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
Hello Everyone:

My four stroke honda rev's up in neutral fine but when in gear with a load on a.k.a, me, in the process of accelorating it will hesitate like it's running out of gas so I have to accelerate slow to avoid that. I did Kreem the inside of the tank. Could too much epoxy like Kreem sollution have gotten into where the fuel comes out and restricted the flow. How fast should gas flow out with proper flow. BY the way stupid me Kreemed the tank with the gas cap on and plugged the venting holes which caused other problems I fixed by getting a new cap. When I kreemed it, where the fuel valve screws on, I put a mini condom meant for covering the ends of open calking tubes to keep the kreem from flowing out the hole.

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
When you open the petcock, fuel should flow out fast enough to drain a full tank in under 2 minutes...but you don't need the petcock since a fuel cutoff is built into the carb. That would be the first thing I would check.

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
The petcock doesnt' flow very fast at all I did take it out and blow what debris was in the top of it out. I hooked it back up but didn't try again yet I will try to get to it tonight to check the flow and see if it hesitates again. Hopefully this was the problem.

Thanks
chris

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
Also just recently did away with liquid lube in the gearbox and went with just the grease and got much better acceloration..The clutch was slipping from the gear lube and grease combo. Maybe too much fluid, didn't experiment with multiple levels.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Also just recently did away with liquid lube in the gearbox and went with just the grease and got much better acceloration..The clutch was slipping from the gear lube and grease combo. Maybe too much fluid, didn't experiment with multiple levels.
Any updates on grease vs. "wet" for the GB?

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
I'm just gonna stick with the grease for now untill the wet clutch becomes available. I think most everyone I've heard of uses just the greese. You would have to experiment starting with a minimum amount of oil in hopes to lube the lowest part of the gears without putting so much in that it gets on the bell or clutch pads. I suppose you could start with 50cc like the instructions say and peak into the fill hole with a flashlight, engage the clutch and turn the peddles manualy and see if the gear on the clutch bell, the only visable one through the fill hole, looks like it's getting wet. It's too bad there isn't a greater difference in diameter of the large gears and the bell on the clutch so the bottoms of the second and third gear from the front could be partially submerged in oil without the clutch bell being dunked as well. I guess that's why Don Grubee is finally comeing out with a wet clutch. Why have a potentially oil tight gearbox with a fill hole if you can't get the clutch wet. Hopefully this will quiet down the box and extend the life considerably. I originally put about 70cc's of oil in with a small about of grease and that caused lots of slippage I may, now that I know how it accelorates with no oil in it, try to just add the minimum and see if that makes it sound different.. I'm getting pretty good at takeing this thing apart and putting it back together again and again. Good thing I replaced the standard head bolts with some hardened steel chromed allen head bolts. Much easier to take on and off and tighten them down. I've always hated standard screwdriver head bolts and screws.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
"Green Grease" was suggested else where. Any thoughts or suggestions? The lithium that seems to have glazed my clutch was from a jug that was very old. I am gun shy now.

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
I used the green greese and packed about half a 14 oz tube around the gears but it all just got flung off onto the perimiter of the gearbox and some made it's way into the clutch bell as well so I had to clean that off with brake cleaner and since then I'm just going with whatever grease will stay on the gears without going overboard and messing up my clutch again. That's why if this wet clutch comeing out soon is the ticket it would be worth scraping the old clutch for the option of useing oil and maybe just a little greese were the gears rotate in the gear box bearing holes.

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
What about that Lucas oil stuff you know the display at the parts store with the two white gears that we all spin while we wait for are parts ?? has that been tried??