Honda 35cc scrubber test drive and thoughts

GoldenMotor.com

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Well, I got my kit last night and just got back from a test run. I think that my reasons for writing this is for the members who seem to think the china girl kits are crap.
Good points-took 20 minutes to install and kit only comes with 5 bolts. She has a rope start and starts by reaching back while riding. It's a Honda-enough said! Went to fill her up and had to stop at 42 cents. Looks like it may run for years without ever having to tinker. There is nothing to adjust or toy with.
No vibration and less noise. Bike is very light and allows for rear suspension.

Bad points- I could have had three 80cc kits for what I paid for this.
Not as fast as 80cc. When you let off on throttle you really feel the drag and I don't like that at all. You really have to peddle to start off. You have this red thing hanging off the left side saying "look at me" but a rear custom carrier can hide that.
For those that hate the china girl kits, all I can say is that nothing compares when you take price into consideration. They may be a little crappy but they do work well and everything has it's good and bad points. This is my third bike now and I now realize that my first one was my favourite and it was just a simple PK-80 kit. There is a reason these kits have stayed the same for 80 years or so. They work!
It may be too early for me to judge this because I may just have to get used to it and it will run better after break-in but I'd sell it now if I could get my money back.

Attachments

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
wow Toy, Nice review. Only 4 stroke I would use would be one that takes the place of my 80 cc china girl. I mean the exact place as in engine placement. I never have cared for the look of a rear mounted motor. But i do like the "sound" of a 4 stroke vs the 2 stroke engines..And yea it has been hard for me justify the price of a rear mount 4 stroke vs the china girl kits..