need an opinion on this motor

GoldenMotor.com

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
thats same thing i was thinking also Toytime, but I was hoping some one else here has purchased and used this kit and could give me there thoughts on it

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
yea i beleive the set up is similiar to an 80 cc with an integrated clutch system.

had the wife not been with me today at Dicks sporting goods. and nagged on me about buying a 97 cc mini bike 4 stroke I would be working on that project right now. LOL but that engine would have worked for my needs pretty nicely with some modifications. Its was 299$ for an entire mini bike , if nothing else it would have made a great pusher motor set up ya know.

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
whoa Dan, thanks for that link. I have seen it before but i also forgot about it . i think I will pass on that kit even though it looks tempting. there may be a reason it is so "cheap" in price ya know. I dont mind putting a build together but i start throwing hammers when the motor itself wont work properly. (kidding , but u know wat I meant)

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
That most certainly is the "Hoot" type gearbox. I have yet to hear a good report about that gearbox. It is known for breaking gears and for the clutch drum coming apart. Buy it if you wish, but don't say we didn't warn you.

Last edited:

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
naw HoughMade, I will head the warnings . I like working on small engines but I dont like to get something i will always be having issues with as a few other members have stated.

thanks for the intel members