Ebay Sellers

GoldenMotor.com

t6R

Mar 31, 2014
Connecticut
Hi guys, i wanted to make a post with a suggestion to not buy certain products from ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAST-Expansion-Chamber-Exhaust-For-Motorized-Bicycle-The-Best-Around-/231236992549?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35d6cc7e25

I happened to go on ebay to look for something and noticed the outrageous prices that the sellers have these pipes up there for. I bought one of these pipes for less than 40 dollars last year on eBay with a carb, and 5 jets. the total came out to 54.99. Here's a screenshot for the wary.

I would seriously recommend against buying one of these exhaust pipes unless you want to spend money just to prevent it from rusting. these pipes rust quickly. I rode to work for an 8 hour shift. It sat under an overhang chained to a bench and rusted during the duration of my shift. Unless of course, you're willing to spend 25-30 bucks on exhaust wrap or spend around the same on sandpaper, primer, and paint to make sure that it doesn't rust. Maybe if the pipe still went for around 20-40 dollars it would be ok to spend that kind of money on a pipe to make it not rust. You can get a semi decent condition FMF pipe for this kind of money. Sorry if this in the wrong section. This guy has these pipes up on ebay for between this price and 180 bucks around. Seriously? 15-20 bucks worth of steel. (surely its bought in bulk)

EDIT: I will have a picture of the rust up in the morning when i get up.

Last edited:

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
No matter how much I paid for a pipe, I'd still paint it and wrap it unless it came painted already.

t6R

Mar 31, 2014
Connecticut
Yeah, true. I just didn't have the cash at the time to wrap it or paint and figured it might be ok going through a light rainy day. I'm not debating whether or not i should have wrapped it, i'm just appalled that he wants nearly 200 bucks for a cheap pipe like that.

EDIT: i needed a replacement because my drunk friend decided to use it as a warhammer to kill a spider and the baffle snapped off the stock pipe. (we were doing a little work on it and his scooter.)

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
That Ebay link shows that 226 were sold, if you click the 226, you'll see everyone else got 'em for $34.99 .