What brand and ratio do you like to run in your china girls?

GoldenMotor.com

topgun

Sep 28, 2014
Oceanside Ca
I myself use two brand's. But always the same ratio. When I'm in the mood for a fragrance I love Klotz with Castor, then I add a cap full of cherry fuel fragrance. When I'm more of in the mood for old school smoke I use Lucas semi synthetic. As for ratio I always stick with 32:1 always. Hope everyone will chime in on this thread and let's drive the replies threw the roof. Have a great day.

.trk

Felt deep 6, boardtracker, 66cc.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I was using Amsoil Dominator at 50:1 and the engine liked it but then switched to opti2 at 100:1 and it likes that even better... Nothing wrong with Klotz or Klotz Benol, both excellent brands.... It's all about what this particular engine likes and after some experimenting it's Opti2 all the way... sometimes I'll add in a small bit of de gummed castor oil just for added protection but the opti2 does just fine by it's self.

topgun

Sep 28, 2014
Oceanside Ca
Wow DZ! 100:1! I'm sorta oldschool and never changed brands since the 80s, using in an old Yz125. I just recently started using Lucas semi synthetic. But I've also never ventured much further than 40:1, to each his own, nothing wrong with that. Thanks for the reply enjoyed reading it. Gonna read up on that opti oil!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Just don't go 100:1 with other oils unless they're specifically designed for that ratio... or bye bye engine... I cut my teeth on early 80's dirtbikes too and the rule back then was 20:1 with a few who may have dared to go up to 25 or 30:1 but needed overhauls much sooner. When I first saw Amsoil making a 100:1 oil I was really leery about mixing at that ratio, but if you got that oil and tried to mix at 50:1 or 30:1 etc, you'd see all kinds of oily mess inside your pipe and it can ruin the packing in the muffler, but at the ratio it's designed to run at it burns clean... no smoke, no oil all over the place, but yet the inside of the engine looks brand new even after hundreds of miles of hard riding. It also makes plug reading very similar to a 4 stroke engine and with more gasoline in the fuel you usually need to jet down a bit to keep the air fuel ratio correct, but that comes with a nice power gain of it's own too.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
There are quite a few of us weird folks who run 100:1. Here's a very old thread for you to spend some time reading. > http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=9850

I have several thousand miles on Chinese 2 stroke engines running Opti-2 @ 100:1. I can't say enough good about it. I've never had a bearing, piston, rings or any engine failure. And yes I was a hard sell dinosaur at first too.

Tom

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
walmart oil by the gallon is cheapest - run it at 32:1

switched away from brand names maybe 4 years ago - probably saved enough money to buy 3 new motors with the cash

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I use 40:1 regardless of brand.
I like Yamalube, Castrol, and Klotz, but honestly, I use whatever is cheap and available with my dolls.
Not like it's gonna make much difference.....these ain't built in Germany after all.

topgun

Sep 28, 2014
Oceanside Ca
Let's keep them coming. So far all are great. Like I said before to each his own, that's why they make vanilla and chocolate!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Strawberry here.....

I use Echo at 50:1. Same that my weedwhacker uses. Simplifies things as I only need 1 fuel can for my 2 cycle engines. I've done a lot of miles on the bike and used the whacker for over 8 years with zero issues.

topgun

Sep 28, 2014
Oceanside Ca
Thanks for all the great input. I know more people are running 2 strokes than anything else. We all want to see your mix ratio and oil brand. Kind of like what pipe tobacco your currently smoking! There is no right are wrong answer folks, just let us know, don't be bashful.

topgun

Sep 28, 2014
Oceanside Ca
Was reading threw the first 10 pages are so of 100:1 opti2 oil thread and I notices 2door having prob. So is this oil any good for these china girls. I Already ordered some a few day's ago. I guess I'll just dump it out are run it 32:1? Any new findings without me reading threw all 100 plus pages!

topgun

Sep 28, 2014
Oceanside Ca
Talked to Opti oil rep. He told me this oil could be mixed at any oil ratio that you're manufactured recommended. So this 100:1 only is bull. Mix this oil 16:1 , 32:1 what ever you like

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Talked to Opti oil rep. He told me this oil could be mixed at any oil ratio that you're manufactured recommended. So this 100:1 only is bull. Mix this oil 16:1 , 32:1 what ever you like
You can pee in your fuel too and it will probably run ok, but why do it?
You can mix at any ratio you want or use whatever you want, but there are many members on this website you can find who have logged thousands of miles using opti-2 mixed 100:1. I am sure you will find those who have also logged thousands of miles using more oil in there fuel. If the benefits of running opti-2 100:1 don't appeal to you...like clean engine and little smoke, then by all means run something else or at whatever ratio you want. However I think it would do you well to do a bit more searching on here before you rule mixing opti-2 at 100:1 bull.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Fully agreed, I know it works at 100:1 because that's what I run in mine, not to mention many others in here do the same and have logged thousands of trouble free miles.

Truthfully I would have never ran a 100:1 mix in anything but after doing some of my own reading, research, and real world testing, guess what I run now? And guess what?.. Mine still looks like new because I tear my engines down about every few hunderd miles to make sure things are the way they should be. Do I have to do a teardown that often to check things out? absolutely not, but I like to know mine won't seize up on me 15 miles from home etc.

There's a LOT of talent and a Lot of knowledge in here, but if you wanna ask a question, then run to some rep who sells the stuff but most likely never used it just to come back and say bull you're on your own.