replacing the stupid kit throttle

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
As long as it will fit a 7/8" handlebar, which is standard for most bicycles, you're good to go. Tell us how it works out for you after you've tried it.

Tom

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
It all depends on what throttle cable you have as unlike every other cable on our motorized bicycles the throttle has a fitting on each end, which means you can't cut the cable and if the length can't be adjusted to give you what is needed on the barrel end (~1") it will be too tight artificially setting idle too high, or too loose so you have a bunch of slop in your throttle action.

Your does not come with a cable so you will have to use yours.
SBP sales one with cable and options for like $19 here.
http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalo...ucts_id=169&osCsid=6gt61i7u4rkrjdo95dtgdpuff0

I've used a couple, they work nice and the pulley it refers to is in the handle.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
It all depends on what throttle cable you have as unlike every other cable on our motorized bicycles the throttle has a fitting on each end, which means you can't cut the cable and if the length can't be adjusted to give you what is needed on the barrel end (~1") it will be too tight artificially setting idle too high, or too loose so you have a bunch of slop in your throttle action.

Your does not come with a cable so you will have to use yours.
SBP sales one with cable and options for like $19 here.
http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalo...ucts_id=169&osCsid=6gt61i7u4rkrjdo95dtgdpuff0

I've used a couple, they work nice and the pulley it refers to is in the handle.
I've looked at this throttle. The ad says it works with NT and CNS carbs. I'm planning on running another rt carb. So I can use this throttle just need to replace the cable?

Thanks, Dan.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Newb alert question!

What is the best way to add a kill switch if you go with this throttle upgrade?

Dan.
My vote would be for any good quality normally open momentary switch. Mount it so it can be easily reached while keeping your hands on the grips. But that's just me.

Tom

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
So I finally received the throttle a month later. Cable was to short as I feared but I decided to try and dremel off the elbow to give me a little bit more length it works but I thinks its a tinny bit to tight gonna order a cable. I should of just ordered from sbp. What should I rejet my nt speed cab ( the red cap one) im at 218m elevation