Good place to find a HIGH quality twist grip throttle?

GoldenMotor.com

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
the title pretty much says it all

i am just wondering if anyone can suggest to me where to get a good quality twist grip throttle

maybe one that accepts an easy to come by cable such as a bicycle brake cable

thanks
jared

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I bought mine at Cycle Gear. Its a local motorcycle shop with lots of aftermarket stuff. My throttle housing is made of metal and its made for a dirt bike.
I'm sure you can find the throttle at your local shop.

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
is there anyway to replace the grips on the stock throttle that you get with the 80cc kits , there plastic inside , i unscrewed the screw at the end of the chrome piece got that off but as far as i could get , i would love you buy a set of grips at my lock bike shop and use them on the stock throttle , but i dont think they would slide ovr the plastic turn part would they .

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
holly moses i thought i was useing mussel b4 when i tried , got it off now ! sweet !!!! thank you so muh for the reply ! now i can go find a nice set of grips from my local bike shop

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
they'll fit, you just gotta squeeze it on. and that side will be fatter, but depending on how sensitive you are, you might not notice. throttle grips have a larger inside diameter to go over the tube. you get one normal 7/8 grip, and a 1" with a pair of MX grips.

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
rode down to my local atv dealer here and picked up a nice set today , 12 bux cad and they fit like a glove , thanks for all the info , much appreciated ! , throtle tube was a bugger to get out but with wd-40 and a it of force she finally slipped out , i had to cut the end of the plastic off a bit to set the size for the new grips as they were a bit shorter then the plastic shaft , all worked out great !