Hello from Lincoln, NE

GoldenMotor.com

davidneth

Aug 24, 2010
Nebraska
Hello from Lincoln, NE

Greetings, I've been MB for about a month now, and I love it!

I purchased a GEBE Robin Subaru for reliability and so far I am happy with it.

I commute to work with it, 15 miles one way, and it makes life easier.

David

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi david and welcome to the wonderful world of motorized bicycles. looking forward to pictures of your ride. glad to have you with us
dnut

davidneth

Aug 24, 2010
Nebraska
Ok, sorry it took so long, with kids and all and my wife works at night, excuses, excuses, but I posted one picture. I have put on over 250 miles on it and have had the spring tensioner break, so I used a heavier duty spring and we will see how long it lasts.

I have put a smaller front tire on for less rolling friction. I purchased a heavier duty wheel for the rear also as I have broken a spoke on the lighter weight wheel only after a couple hundred miles.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Do you commute in the dark? My commute to the bus park n ride is ten miles one way, but I would be in the dark both ways.

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Welcome to the site theres a lot of good people and information here.
I thought I was the only MBer in Lincoln. Good to have a member that is close. Maybe we can get together some time and compare trips around town.
buzzard

davidneth

Aug 24, 2010
Nebraska
msrfan: Yes the kit comes with the pulley.

wheelbender6: I do commute in the dark, in the mornings, I have a cheap LED light mounted on my bike handlebar, then I attached a brighter flashlight to the top of my helmet. I also attached a red flasher to the back of my helmet so when I ride the street, the cars do not plow me over. I put a reflective Army issue PT belt on my backpack too, I am sure I am highly visible. Along with other precautions I have taken, like ensuring I have a reflector on my bike at waist level, and reflective tape on the rear part of my frame. Refletor on the front wheel too, so I appear more visible to traffic perpendicular to me.

Buzzard: Thanks for having me, I mostly ride to work and home as I live so far from work and this saves on fuel, but I have a general understanding of the nice trail system we have, too bad we do not have more bike lanes.... I ride the jamaica trail most of my commute, and try to be very considerate of pedestrians and unpredictable dogs they own. I know I am breaking the law, wish I didn't have to.

David

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
David I commute from 1st & Cornhusker around Oak Lake to the ball park over the pedestrian overpass by the Post Office then south on 8th through the Old Market threw down town to the Captiol on my Subari f riction drive weather permitting. It's about 6-8 miles. Early mornings aren't bad but at night the traffic can get a little hairy. I keep the bike lit up like a Christmas tree both ways. I ought to have stock in Duracell. I'm starting to put the bikes up for winter, I won't ride on wet streets or with the salt and chemicals on the street. It eats up your wheels and rms and no telling what it will do to your free wheel. You're right our bike lanes suck, smack dab in the middle of the street... making a left on "O" street is suicide.
Keep right side up and be careful.
buzzard