my chain breaking tool looks different than what i find online for HOW TO

GoldenMotor.com

tire

Sep 29, 2010
College Station, TX
i have this:

now how do i use it, i only found a HOW TO video on a different kind of chain "breaker" that just removes the hinges without destroying anything. did i buy the wrong tool?

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
The instructions are on the back of the cardboard that the tool came on. But I assume you didn't get that or you wouldn't be asking. The bar that goes into the jaw will open the jaws when pushed down. Put the chain in the open jaws being sure that the link pin is lined up with the part that pushes out the pin. Close the jaws by releasing that bar you pushed down. Then all you have to do is turn the other bar to push out the pin.

I have the exact tool and it is actually made for motorcycle chains. A much bigger chain. But for us it is VERY heavy duty and it works great!

Terry

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
That's too bad, I've one and I love it :(

BTW, if ya remove the link pin driver, it also serves quite well as a mini-puller - like removing the clutch arm from it's splined shaft (to turn it in a spline or two to help prevent catching on the ol' pantleg) ;)

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
You can probably get a small bench grinder at Harbor Freight for the same price as the breaker and it will work better and have more uses.

tire

Sep 29, 2010
College Station, TX
i go to college full time and work part time, and devoted too much to this thing already, going to have an acquantance mechanic figure things out for me and make sure my carb is tuned, though i think i did an alright job. thanks guy anyways though.