BonusParts' Genesis Astra 29er Build

GoldenMotor.com

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Update time

I've since gotten the chain tension correct and have the spring tensioner attached. I've also welded up the exhaust and the mounts for the fuel tank.

I will be dressing the fuel tank mounts up later including cutting that rear tab off. Also need to buzz the welds on the exhaust and do a heat wrap on it. Really regretting buying 1" width header wrap.....

anyways! 2 pictures to keep yall entertained :D

Attachments

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
In other news, the fuel lines are ran from the dual petcocks, all clamped up pretty. I have just drilled the mount holes for my switch box, all thats left to do is visit my welder once more to have a bracket added to the front tank mount to rise over the tank and bolt on the box.

Getting there.

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Nice bike! This may seem odd, but do you have a link on where to get that saddlebag at the back?
That was found on amazon<-----

Nice build, don't know how i missed this build though. :).duh.
thank you! I am going to finish the last structural detail tomorrow morning at with the help of my welder.

Love that tank! Looks like it grew there.
Ditto! Its nice to know I have a mega range if I need it. I wish it fit the curve of the bike, but i am content. just need to shave the rear tab off tomorrow

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Great news!

Spent the morning at my welders doing some work....

the tank has the switchbox mounted, the tabs removed and is solidly on the bike.
I finished wiring everything else today, new headlights arrived so those got reinstalled.

All in all, I need to recheck everything and adjust the brakes and its pretty much on the road.... :D

oh yea, and i need to decide if i am installing a cigarette lighter port or not.... or just buying a phone charger to bastardize.

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Consider this one done!

All buttoned up today, tho at first it didn't start.... forgot the keyswitch on the HD lightning.

1st impressions: Starts WAY faster than the 1st revision Jaguar CDI, has more power, just as smooth. Only got it to 30 today, have to revisit my brakes.... URGENTLY haha

TakeiT

Apr 17, 2014
Oshawa, Ontario
This is my favorite looking bike so far on this forum, it's too bad that they only look this clean once! Have you thought about a custom pitbike style seat? I think it'd look sharp on this build

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
This is my favorite looking bike so far on this forum, it's too bad that they only look this clean once! Have you thought about a custom pitbike style seat? I think it'd look sharp on this build
Thank you so much!

Im considering another seat but presently i am please with what it has on the shock seatpost. Really smooths out the ride.

Working on it now actually... have to make some slight revisions

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Here's an update - Got 25 Miles on the build and had some slight problems.

In short I need a couple more bolts for the sprocket adapter, and some red loctite.

Otherwise she's a stout runner. Lots of power.
SO far without breaking a sweat its cracked 40.

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
More update:

Bike is partially torn down. Tank is curing before I decided to reclear or wetsand and polish it as it stands.

In process of fitting the Mikuni VM-18 Carb as well!

Rear wheel is being re-spoked

HAMMER TIME

Last edited: