68 spoke

GoldenMotor.com

tvc15

Jun 27, 2010
portland, OR
Anybody have a clue on how one might mount a Grubee sprocket to a 68 post wheel... Standard kit looks impossible!

Help, please!:-||

tvc15

Jun 27, 2010
portland, OR
Good news, the manic mechanic milled 68 tooth sprocket from the good brothers at pirate fit my 72 spoke wheel withe a little assistance... Yo that's some soft alloy brothers, might want to check that...

Anyhow, a nice nix for the fix I was in!

Ben

Oct 7, 2009
Oregon
Good news, the manic mechanic milled 68 tooth sprocket from the good brothers at pirate fit my 72 spoke wheel withe a little assistance... Yo that's some soft alloy brothers, might want to check that...

Anyhow, a nice nix for the fix I was in!
SWEEEEET!!! I was doing some extensive searches and just saw your updated post (quote above). I have a set of 72 spoke wheels and am ordering the milled sprocket from Justin. Do the spoke heads line up with the gap in the dust cover side of the sprocket? Just wondering as I had intended on ordering a new set of 68 spoke micargi's in the odd chance that the 72 spoke hub flange would be a little larger in diameter than the 68 spoke hub flange, thus falling short of the spoke heads lining up in the gap in the sprocket...at least that's what I think that cutout gap is for on the dust cover side.

What size tires will you be using?

Way to go!
-Ben

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
36 spoke wheel normally used for spacing for sproket ,,,,36+36=72, for normal spacing