Traditional hot rod style

GoldenMotor.com

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
Here is my build I just finished. I wanted to give it that traditional hot rod feel. The first picture is of the bike when I bought it. The second is how it looks now. I am still not completely done with it. I want to take it to the Lone Star Round Up (a pre 1964 custom and hot rod show) and have someone pinstripe it!

Attachments

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
hi, that is a very tasteful build. i think a sportster tank would help. ive built a few of these bikes and have always felt the little peanut tank looks like fish guts smell. lata

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
hi, that is a very tasteful build. i think a sportster tank would help. ive built a few of these bikes and have always felt the little peanut tank looks like fish guts smell. lata
Thanks! I agree about the tank. I would love to put a small tank where the clam shell is by the top tube and the neck.

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
so that there on the tube or under the tube is 2 pices? it will come off? its steel?
Yep, the thing under the tube is kinda like a decorative filler piece. It is made of steel. It is two separate pieces and they clamp together held by two screws. To fit the peanut above I had to cut windows out of it to allow room. Here are some before and after pics from when I was making the windows. There really was no way to seal it up and make it a gas tank. I may try and find a shop that can make me a custom tank here in town at some point.

Attachments

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro
na iwas kinda thinking owwww it hurts make it stop! if you could fit swall lawn mower oe wacker tank in between and use the shells to cover it but like i said cleen it looks good

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
na iwas kinda thinking owwww it hurts make it stop! if you could fit swall lawn mower oe wacker tank in between and use the shells to cover it but like i said cleen it looks good
Someday, I hope to get rid of the peanut all together and have a shop make me a custom tank that will basically be like the shells. As far as the shells go right now, there isn't even room for the CDI with the inner bracketing and all. I had the shells off at first (with the gas tank on) and I definitely like the bike better with them on-- peanut and all.

jrol22

Mar 19, 2010
IL
Dude that thing is just SEXY!!!

one **** of a build. nice just and keep it up man.

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
that looks great! what kind of muffler is that?
Thanks! It is the sick bike parts expansion chamber in black (they also have a chrome one). The tan looking stuff is exhaust wrap. I put the wrap on mainly to give it a more old school look.

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
Thanks! The exhaust/muffler is the sick bike parts expansion chamber. I just mounted it in the up position and wrapped it.