Predator vs Other Brands?

GoldenMotor.com
Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Personally, I like the predators a lot. They are cheap but reliable, and with the right mods can output quite a bit of power. The downside is that they have no internal gear reduction whatsoever, so you will have to build that yourself. Fortunately GTC makes a jackshaft plate that bolts right on to the side of them, so that helps immensely. Word of warning: I once took a 79cc predator bike with lots of performance mods and the governor removed down a steep hill at full throttle just to see how fast it would go, at around 7500 rpm the magnet ripped off the stock flywheel, and the pieces bounced around inside the flywheel housing and wrecked everything, I had to get a new engine block. So get a billet flywheel if you plan on doing ridiculous stuff.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
If you want the engine to last forever, buy an Onan. IME, those engines(unabused) last forever. I like Briggs and Stratton, myself, but they're kinda pricy too. No experience with the Predators, but the number of folks using them seems to indicate they work ok. TheNecromancer, and a number of others have led me to believe, they also ride pretty hard, which further indicates their ability to soak up abuse.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
My 212cc Predator consumes fuel like no other.....it's a thirsty beast

Even worse, I run VP 110 race fuel in it and at $65 for a five gallon can it's a bit pricey.

.wee.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The Predator engines are pretty much bullet proof.
I would advise spending a little extra for a good clutch tho! (Those cheap clutches chatter real bad when taking off). :/