29" Genesis Astra Bike + gP460 + friction drive

GoldenMotor.com

Jasoninwisconsin

Jan 2, 2012
wisconsin
Hey guys been a long time lurker on this forum finally figured I would post some pictures of my bike. The bike is a 29" Genesis Astra Bike and I am using the staton friction drive with the upgraded japan bearings I also have the softer clutch bearings to engage the clutch at a lower rpm. Last summer the motor was all stock and worked perfectly I love this setup super reliable and and really fun. During the winter months I am doing some things to the bike and the motor. The first thing I am doing and have just got done doing is adding the custom pipe to this beast which is the DDM Dominator as you can see from the pictures I had to do some pretty heavy modifications for this to work. The next few things I want to do is add new tires and add a new air filter do you guys have any recommendations? also I need to add a new gas tank now that the pipe is in place to where my old tank was and recommendations for that also?
anyways onto the pictures.

Jasoninwisconsin

Jan 2, 2012
wisconsin
Here are some pictures of the tank I had the tank on top before now I had to make a custom mount to put it on the side I think it turned out pretty well what do you think?

I need to get longer gas lines and then Im going to put wire loom over them. I also just ordered new tires I got WTB Slick 2.2 29er tires also got a new k&n air fliter and I got the sliver gp460 ada head kit with a 13:1 dome. I will post pictures when I get all the new stuff.

Jasoninwisconsin

Jan 2, 2012
wisconsin
So I got the ada head kit and K&N air fliter. I got everything installed and it looks nice still need to do a few minor details and put on my new tires when they get here anyways here are the pictures.

Skyking

Aug 22, 2014
North Central Texas
Those are great motors. I've got one that's reed/race ported with the Dominator, and TS reed, and it's a strong little engine. I venture to say that it's in the 8 to 10 horsepower range.
Won't that friction drive eat your tires up?