my newest buld. 30.5cc powerhouse

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy2

Jan 28, 2013
utah
Hey guys so i finished my newest motorized bicycle build last week. The bike is a schwinn 26in aluminum racer hard tail mountain bike with rockshock front forks. I bought a staton inc friction drive mount kit with a 54mm clutch drum and the smallest spindle available (.825")since i live in a mountainous area. i ordered the kit with no motor because i ordered an a chungyang 29rc with a stuffed crank and 30.5cc earth surfer products championship ported big bore kit from ddm which i installed before i ever stared the motor. Ill say this after getting the bike built, tuned, and broke in it seriously hauls. a cop here paced me at 42mph on flat ground thankfuly he thought the bike was cool so no ticket for going over 30 lol. Guys you should seriously consider the smaller rc engines. this thing can easily run circles around my china girl schwinn. if you gear them short enough to let them spin the insane rpm they like to run at (18000ish redline) they perform flawlessly. i climbed a road called squaw peak here localy and it will easily out run my yamaha vino 50 scooter all the way to the top. and the aftermarket parts availability for these is very big and well priced. these are the same engines the hpi baja can run and the gopeds as well. my camera is broke but ill post pics soon. anyways i noticed not to many guys were running these so i figured i would share the success story. 4.5hp with stock intake and canister exhaust. a pipe and intakewill produce 6hp total. not bad for 30.5cc!cvlt1

Last edited:

fasteddy2

Jan 28, 2013
utah
On a sidenote guys wear a helmet. i crashed the first day after i built it and it got me 12 stitches in my chin and had to have my ear glued back together at the er. since then ive been wearing my fullface dirtbike helmet lol

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Pics of yours and links to get me one too please! I'm all about the smaller engines as I want to power bmx frames.

fasteddy2

Jan 28, 2013
utah
I will get a pic of mine online soon when i get a new camera. you can order the friction drive kit at www.staton-inc.com. it is around 180 or so inclluding there 64oz fuel tank. just make sure u get the 54mm clutch version of the drive kit and not the 78mm. They sell these engines at davesmotors.com davemotors also sells any performance parts you could want for these little guys. i honestly believe after building and riding this bike that these smaller rc engines are just as good as any 48 or 49cc minus the ktm50. mine will wheelie with ease so on an aluminum bmx it wouldbe a blast. cvlt1

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I'm thinking chromoly steel frame,disc brake sprocket or jackshaft to a 3 speed. I know where to get the disc wheel but can't remember where the 3 speed wheel was for sale.

fasteddy2

Jan 28, 2013
utah
That would be way cool. i bet you could get some great top speed and good pull with a jackshaft set up. just make sure you use short enough overall gearing. these little things need to rev to perform. all there real power is from 10000rpm and up especially if there ported.xct2