!! ITS THE POPE !! Ya: He swings both ways...

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Gonna find out. Motor is stripped of excess tabs and casting flash. Its been baking in my oven for several heat cycles after being painted with high temp paint to match the first one. Pics to follow.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I'd assume he's taken the placcy bits out first. I hope he's taken the placcy bits out first.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Me no taken outta da plastici bits firstist. The motor is ment to run at 200+ deg F so Im hopeing it will stand up to 4 heat cycles in the oven to cure the paint. I only took it to 250F and if it cant stand that. I dont want it.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Ill pull the motor side case tomarow. If I find a taco where the cam gear used to be, I'll post some REALLY funny pic's :)

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Too pooped to Pope... Got home this morning from work, Got 3 hrs sleep then up and at it on the Pope to take it to the HotRod show tonight. Got it running at sundown and off to the show. MUST SLEEP I have ACLS all day tomarrow. Will post pics then. NO; the cam did not turn into a plastic Taco. Runs better and STRONGER than ever.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I did manage to get the Pope ready for the weekly rod and bike show but I now have an alingment problem with the clutch jackshaft araingment. Just a little adjusting should fix the problem. Heres two flatheads togather at the show!

Attachments

Reactions: Nightster

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Velo

The Pope looks "gooder" everyday, like my sister in law! oh oh!

An original Hot Rod ="High Boy".

Bought a rear axle stand exactly like yours on the Pope. It is a bid wide at the top but will adjust it with my BFH. Mine has 2 small wheels on the bottom. It also has $25 worth of Patina on it.

T Steak

NT

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Velo

It is an exact copy of yours. The wheels on each side on the bottom are approx. 1" dia, must be for rolling it around in the shop.

Will check and see if there is any pics on a hard drive. Try to save pics off E bay adds when buying things, it is the easy way. Can take pics of auctions in the "ended" list before they are deleted.

Will take pics when out in the shop if needed, be patient !! lol Hard to find nice HD rear axle stands. Think my 1936 Harley may have had a stand like that in 1953.

NT

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Yes I really would like to see that. Mine was off ebay and modified to be more resistant to side to side wobble with the welding on of the outrigger thingies with the lightening holes. No wheels ( which im not sure I'd want ) But, I'd still love to see it.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Been three months... UPDATE TIME! The rear fender turned out harder to source than usual. Searched high and lo and could find 28" crowned fenders all day long but not 26" FINALLY I found some. In Frankfurt Germany. Took a while to arrive and then as long for powdercoat and pinstriping but here they are start to finish. I had to chop em up a bit and I hope to have enough left over for the next build.

Attachments

Last edited: