HF 79cc to replace HS 49cc in the "Black Ale"

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Finally finished the bike today. Hooked up the rear "V"brake with U adapter and a dual pull lever for one hand braking. It stops extremely well......powerful, yet predictable. Also got the throttle finished as well as the front engine mount. Took it for a test ride and it's running quite nice and smooth.

Will ride and dial it in completely tomorrow......stay tuned....dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Here's the finished bike......runs GREAT! Some close-ups of the front engine mount and the painted AGK manifold and 19mm carb all finished.

I think my son Neil will like it.....all he had to do is pay for the engine ;-) I took it up one of the steepest hills in UC today and it flew right up it!

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I'm curious scotto, where did you get that sweet rear wheel with that sprocket mount?
That wheel I got from Hec_The_Wreck, a member of this forum that resides down in Florida. It's a Grubee HD freewheel hub and axle kit from china....without the inferior band brake. It was pre-built ( the complete wheel) from the original Spooky Tooth motorized bicycle company from Arizona.

It's actually a decent heavy steel hub with 4 precision type bearings and a solid way to mount the engine mounted drive sprocket. They are also drilled for 12G spokes which is a plus.

dnut

Last edited:

BarryT

Dec 16, 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
I'm doing just the opposite. After about 100 miles on my '79, I'm going back to the HF 142. For me, the power to weight ratio on the '79 is just too low for my old , very fat butt.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I'm doing just the opposite. After about 100 miles on my '79, I'm going back to the HF 142. For me, the power to weight ratio on the '79 is just too low for my old , very fat butt.
Huh? Just remove the governor, bolt on a larger carb and make a free flowing exhaust for the 79cc and you see a big improvement. The HF 79 will out perform the HS 49 no matter what, any day of the week if you remove the governor.....period.