48? Whizzer barn find project

GoldenMotor.com

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Could someone enlighten me on the basics of tuning my carb? I think the screw next to the idle screw is the low speed jet adjustment? The T style on the bottom of the carb is the high speed? Wear is a good place to set all adjustments before I try to start tuning it?

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Could someone enlighten me on the basics of tuning my carb? I think the screw next to the idle screw is the low speed jet adjustment? The T style on the bottom of the carb is the high speed? Wear is a good place to set all adjustments before I try to start tuning it?
You're right about the jets. Maybe someone will know better than me but try the low speed jet about 1 1/2 turns out & the high speed at about 3/4 turns out.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Thanks. My overflow was sticking open, and was pissing every wear. I pulled the whole carb apart to clean it.
I never thought to mark it wear Quinton had it set.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Just thought about it. When Quinton rebuilt.my engine ,I never asked if he upgraded the valves for unleaded gas. Luckly I haven't put many miles on it.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Get with Jay SlowBalt. Vintage Whizzer motor needs leaded fuel, specialty lubricants,racing fuel blends, something like that.

Rat

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I run airplane fuel from a small airport near me. 100 octane, it has lead & no ethanol. About $1.20 a gallon more than premium gas at a gas station.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I'm pore . And their are no public airports near me ,so I guess it's off to AutoZone.for some true led file additive.
Hopefully I haven't done any damage . I've only run about a gallon so far and haven't gone over 25mph yet since it was just rebuilt.

Last edited:

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I'm pore . And their are no public airports near me ,so I guess it's off to AutoZone.for some true led file additive.
Hopefully I haven't done any damage . I've only run about a gallon so far and haven't gone over 25mph yet since it was just rebuilt.
George, when you come to my rally I'll let you try some of my fuel.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Maybe you can help me fine tune my carb when I see you. It idles great and pulls hard . But if you roll on the throttle to fast it bogs for a second.