New bike! Old build!

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Ooohh, this looks dang nice! Couldja take a vid of what the exhaust noise is like? I wanna hear what a 14:1 compression engine sounds like breathing through an expansion chamber like that one. EDIT: looked on the first page, found the walkaround with it sitting there idling. You've got it tuned too lean, the idle should be a burbly sound, not a raspy sound. Making it run richer wall also allow you to take more advantage of the expansion chamber, because more fuel will be present in the exhaust, so more will go back into the engine.
I'll get a video of the exhaust sometime soon. That was a different carb set-up on that video and was the first start. I have the NT speed carb back on and it's tuned jet wise, but needle wise I think I just got it where I want it, but I haven't had the opportunity to take it out yet. It had just a slight burp in the very tip top end that I wanted to make sure to get rid of, but other than that the powerband is great. I'll get a video sometime soon!

Alpha Centauri

May 29, 2016
New Hampshire
Ok, cool. Albeit, you'll wanna watch your temps. You should be able to hold your hand an inch away from the cylinder head at full operation temp, any more and you're running too hot.

Last edited:

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
It runs pretty cool after that decent ride I could touch the cylinder head for a couple seconds before it got to me. The leaded gas helps keep her cool. The plug was a nice brown color so it's not running lean by any means. This was in some pretty hot weather too. That ride was in about 90 degree weather. If I were running pump gas I'd be having all sorts of problems for sure.

Alpha Centauri

May 29, 2016
New Hampshire
Nice. Where does one get leaded gas from nowadays, other than racing fuel companies? Also, what oil/fuel ratio are you using? I use like 21:1, and use Castrol snowmobile oil. The reason I run so much oil to fuel is mainly because my engine is pretty much stock, aside from the gutted muffler and Walbro weed whacker carb.

Last edited:

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Nice. Where does one get leaded gas from nowadays, other than racing fuel companies? Also, what oil/fuel ratio are you using? I use like 21:1, and use Castrol snowmobile oil. The reason I run so much oil to fuel is mainly because my engine is pretty much stock, aside from the gutted muffler and Walbro weed whacker carb.
Gas station near me has it and I am running opti-2 full synthetic oil at 80:1ish. They recommend 100:1 and a few people around here run that, but I didn't bother measuring out the difference when I still had some extra already oiled up gas in my 2.5 gallon tank.