Morini S6-S Big Bore Build

GoldenMotor.com

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
The S6C is already at 15 to 1 Compression.

Can check here.. http://www.morinifrancousa.com/engine1.htm

Shoot gosh you wanna go 80 miles per hour? On a bicycle? It can do 60 mph and then some out of the box;)

I would put gas and oil in it and plain ol ride it like you stole it.dnutI don't think this motor needs anything at all but broke in, fine tuned, properly maintained and left alone myself for the most part.. It is not like an H.T. This thing is flat out ready to race very competitively out of the box!!

Did you put a big bore kit in it or something? That would explain what you are doing? It would have even more power too. That would be a given.

Yes kids Of all ages are riding these things I never grew up lol.:D Put a young 60 pound kid on one of these and boy howdy because it will leave an impression! They are gonna have the ride of their lives!

Yeah I do understand the need to tinker .. Some things just wanna see for my self and can't leave well enough alone. That don't always bring me good luck tho lolzpt Some choices can be bad ones? The satisfaction of sounding something out and making it work really good is this poor mad man's true heavy addiction! :p That old saying the KISS principle.. well just say in my life time I have not always gone by that. He He..
My latest clutch experiment is working good so far. Still need to see how long it lives with my some what aggressive driving habits tho.
I could have not replied to that any better. I just upgraded my big bore piston to a dual ring. Should be here next week. I just received my 21mm carb last week. Now I have to make the tweeks thanks to Goat. Im sending my cylinder housing in to be striped and re-chromed. Had some scoring (dirt) issues.

Hannibal

May 18, 2012
West Texas
Sounds very expensive and street illegal at that horsepower. In Texas anything exceeding 5 brake horsepower must be registered and licensed. Might as well buy a small motorcycle - Better frame, tires and brakes.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Yeah Hannibal Today's Walmart bikes don't really belong in this category, lol lol but if a fellow is willing do do things right these motors work in a bike perfect.:)

I got about 10,000 miles of these pepped up engines under my belt and loved every second of it.;)

Lemme know if I can help with anything D.F. I cannot wait to hear more about some of the upgrades folks are doing! By end of summer I will finally have one of my S6S water Kewled's going.

Last edited:

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
I was also thinking of a two tank setup? one would hold RC car fuel, and the other with regular 95 octane gas. When I wanted all out speed and performance I could shut off the gas and open the RC fuel and the engine would run with presumably more power and cooler as well. Only problem I can think of is jetting sizes :/

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
the motor will last longer and the bike will go alot faster if you use a ....jet pack.. don't forget the parachute! RC fuel even jetted the pistons [cast]wont last ask the nitro racers [forged pistons] and they burn them up all the time. good luck dennis

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
I was also thinking of a two tank setup? one would hold RC car fuel, and the other with regular 95 octane gas. When I wanted all out speed and performance I could shut off the gas and open the RC fuel and the engine would run with presumably more power and cooler as well. Only problem I can think of is jetting sizes :/
Why spend the money on a S6-C? My brother just bought a used liquid cooled KX-80 2-stroke dirt bike that has been bored out to 110cc for $600.00. His intentions is to pull that motor right off that bike and shoe horn it into a mountain or cruiser bike frame. His reasoning for this..... To keep up with me.

Can you say death wish?

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
I wasn't intending for constant or even frequent use of the Rc fuel. I was just gonna use it occasionally for large hills or power in the low range. I also could use it to provide extra cooling in the summer with a 30/70 mix or something.

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
I wasn't intending for constant or even frequent use of the Rc fuel. I was just gonna use it occasionally for large hills or power in the low range. I also could use it to provide extra cooling in the summer with a 30/70 mix or something.
If you make the upgrades to that motor that you have mentioned you will fly up hills at 50 ish mph no problem. No need for the RC car fuel. 32:1 fuel ratio is choice for a big bore.