I want a Stealth Bomber, lord help me.

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I've been stalking the mailman for 3 days. I finally told him today I was expecting a credit card in the mail that I don't want the boss to see. He said no problem, I could meet him on the next street and he'll let me have my mail there. I got to remember him at Christmas.

I have a kitchen remodeler coming tomorrow to give me a estimate.

I've been in contact with Stealth's American distributor. I told them I can buy a Bomber on eBay for less shipping and they said they'll work with me a little on the price of shipping. I'd rather buy it directly from them, because if I need help, or parts that's where it all comes from.

My evil plan is progressing nicely.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I've been stalking the mailman for 3 days. I finally told him today I was expecting a credit card in the mail that I don't want the boss to see. He said no problem, I could meet him on the next street and he'll let me have my mail there. I got to remember him at Christmas.

I have a kitchen remodeler coming tomorrow to give me a estimate.

I've been in contact with Stealth's American distributor. I told them I can buy a Bomber on eBay for less shipping and they said they'll work with me a little on the price of shipping. I'd rather buy it directly from them, because if I need help, or parts that's where it all comes from.

My evil plan is progressing nicely.
Load it up with batteries. More watts the better. LOL

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I gotta know Biknut, What did they mean by "No Options"?
I told them I don't want any options, because I need to keep the price down, but if money is no object,

Bomber's come stock with lowly hydraulic 6 piston calipers with 203mm brake rotors Front / Rear.

For additional cost you can order it with

Gatorbrake - 8 Piston Front / Rear Brakes,
or
Magura MT8 - High Tech Twin Piston Front / Rear Brakes

The stock front fork is a RST- R1 with adjustable preload, damping, and rebound. It's a budget no name suspension fork that costs about $300. You can order it with a better

Marzocchi 888 RC3 EVO V2 - Fork

I think the other option has to do with the tires. It comes with semi knobbies But you can order it with street tires.

I already have some nice tires I can put on it.

Stock it comes with a 1.5kW 72v battery. You can order an extra one for something like $1600.

And of course you get to pick the color, but that's no cost.

For $10,000 I'm be lucky to just get one period. I'm modify it later on as I please.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I just spent half the day with the boss shopping for counter tops and cabinets. If I have to do much more of this I'll deserve a Bomber right away for having to put up with her crap. A woman is incapable of making a decision. A man knows within 5 seconds if likes something, or doesn't. Obviously a woman's brain is too tiny be able to do that. I could have already bought 5 kitchens today. She hasn't even been able to decide on nutin. After she makes her mind up about the cabinets, it's going to take 4-6 weeks to get them. Only then can the work even start. This is going to be tougher than I thought.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I just spent half the day with the boss shopping for counter tops and cabinets. If I have to do much more of this I'll deserve a Bomber right away for having to put up with her crap. A woman is incapable of making a decision. A man knows within 5 seconds if likes something, or doesn't. Obviously a woman's brain is too tiny be able to do that. I could have already bought 5 kitchens today. She hasn't even been able to decide on nutin. After she makes her mind up about the cabinets, it's going to take 4-6 weeks to get them. Only then can the work even start. This is going to be tougher than I thought.
It's only $11,000. She'll never notice that missing. Buy it! Buy it now! LOL

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It's only $11,000. She'll never notice that missing. Buy it! Buy it now! LOL
Yeah if you just get it over with.....then like you will have it !!!:D:p
Trust me, you don't know how bad I want to do that, but I dare not. For this evil plan to work I have to follow the script.

That bike can't show up here before the contractor starts ripping up stuff. Timing is the most crucial part of the plan. Unfortunately patience has never been my strong point lol.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I've already started practicing for the ride.

Officer it only goes 20 mph. That was me pedal assisting it up to 50 mph. I have very strong legs from running from my wife after I bought this bike.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
my wife would be mad at me for even reading this thread lol. however I used to do the same thing early in our marriage. after 35 years you can't get away with anything so you just tell them I am buying an electric bicycle or show them when it arrives lol

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
my wife would be mad at me for even reading this thread lol. however I used to do the same thing early in our marriage. after 35 years you can't get away with anything so you just tell them I am buying an electric bicycle or show them when it arrives lol
I think the, show her when it arrives will be the best approach here. I'm counting on her basking in the warm glow of a new kitchen to take a lot of the edge off. That and the fact that she's not going to find out how much it really costs for more than a year after I get it. Maybe never if I can help it lol.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Why do I get the feeling that we're going to be loosing an old member of the forum soon?

"**** hath no fury like a woman who finds out that her husband bought a 10K bike behind her back".

Man, I'm glad I'm not in your shoes. And, the guy who made that video is going to get his soon too. Just one car that decides to change lanes, or open his door and it's all over. I hope that vid isn't what is inspiring you to do this, biknut. That's not an example to follow or be impressed with. Sorry, pal but you're on the wrong path.

Take a few minutes and reflect on your decision. Hopefully you'll come to your senses and give it up. Believe me, it ain't worth it!

Tom

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Why do I get the feeling that we're going to be loosing an old member of the forum soon?

"**** hath no fury like a woman who finds out that her husband bought a 10K bike behind her back".

Man, I'm glad I'm not in your shoes. And, the guy who made that video is going to get his soon too. Just one car that decides to change lanes, or open his door and it's all over. I hope that vid isn't what is inspiring you to do this, biknut. That's not an example to follow or be impressed with. Sorry, pal but you're on the wrong path.

Take a few minutes and reflect on your decision. Hopefully you'll come to your senses and give it up. Believe me, it ain't worth it!

Tom
Don't worry reverend, I'm 60 years old. I stopped riding like that a over a year ago lol.

Seriously though, I won't be riding this bike any differently than any of my other bikes. I'm actually a very safe rider.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This won't be the first time I've surprised the boss with a new bike purchase. On October 13th 1987 I stopped by the Harley shop to look at the new 1200 Sportster that had just come out. The first one ever in Dallas was sitting on the showroom floor for less than 20 hours.

It was nice but I didn't go there to buy, just look. As I was leaving the owner called out, asking if I wanted to take it for a test ride. My first impulse was to say no, but then I thought, I've never ridden a Harley before, and he's offering me a free ride. What harm could there be?

Half way around the block I knew I would write a check for it when I get back. I tried to act like I wasn't impressed so maybe I could get a discount. As I pulled up to the door the owner was waiting. He ask if I liked it? I tried my best, but all I could do was start raving about how I had to have it. I finely got enough of a grip on myself to ask is I could have a discount for cash. He knocked $200 off, it was $6,700 out the door. I left my Moto Guzzi Le Manns in the parking lot and went back to get it later.

The boss was dumbfounded. WHAT THE H%LL ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH 2 BIKES???? We lived in a condo with no garage at the time. Those were the days.I still have that Sportster. It was the first one sold in Dallas.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
A HD Sportster and a Moto Guzzi..... at the same time? I predict your new Stealth Bomber will be doing close to 50MPH, quite a bit. Its got pedals though, so it looks harmless in comparison. LOL

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
A HD Sportster and a Moto Guzzi..... at the same time? I predict your new Stealth Bomber will be doing close to 50MPH, quite a bit. Its got pedals though, so it looks harmless in comparison. LOL
The guy I've been talking to at the distributor said it should do 50 without pedaling. He said the highest he's heard of anyone doing with assist pedaling at top speed was in the 60s, and that might have been a little downhill.

That sounds a little unbelievable because I think it takes about 13 hp to do 60 on a motorcycle. 50 seems very likely though. By moped gets up to close to 45 with about 3 1/2 hp.

4500w is equal to a whopping 6 hp. 50 mph sounds about right.

This may be wrong, but I'm thinking unlike a gas motor that might peak at 6 hp, an electric motor will have 6 hp all over the place?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The good old " ask for forgiveness later" technique!
This is better than watching a horror movie! LOL
I can't for the ending!
Yeah, well there's a reason why I never go shopping with the boss. If I have to go through many more days like today a new Bomber will be justified, because of all my suffering lol.

This is my pay for putting up with you biache.