Anyone ever tried putting a oil in the bottom of a China Girl Motor crankcase?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Re: Anyone ever tried putting a pool of oil in the bottom of a China Girl crankcase?

I've been sitting here with a jug and an old piston in my hand-

yes, your comments are right, and the flaw in my own thinking was that the top of the piston cleared the intake port- but it never does-

yes, all of the intake is drawn in a roundabout way through the slots at the bottom of the piston and not at the top- the bottom of the piston clears the intake port, but the side slots in the bottom of the piston clear the side ports only at the very top of the piston stroke.

It appears that the piston never really clears the exhaust port at any time, top or bottom, so that all of the exhaust exits through a side port and then goes to the exhaust port through the jug.
The piston drops below the exhaust port on every stroke, the engine intakes, compresses, combust and exhaust on every stroke.

A four stroke engine combusts and fires every other stroke, it has an intake and compression stroke and an exhaust stroke, valves and timing determine all of this.

On a two stroke engine it exhaust everytime the piston is at BDC and compresses and fires everytime the piston is at TDC.

map

Hiigel

Oct 23, 2010
Eastern Oregon
Re: Anyone ever tried putting a pool of oil in the bottom of a China Girl crankcase?

I'm glad you asked this question; I was considering the same thing. It sounded like a good idea, but I never got around to trying it.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

why don't you guys just get on your bike hey go to Valvoline and get the early bird special tell me want to change your oil tomorrow morning . Tellum HD sent ya and you want the $19.95 oil change .LMAO

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

I'm glad you asked this question; I was considering the same thing. It sounded like a good idea, but I never got around to trying it.
I dont mean to sound rude here in any way but judging from this very silly question..... you guys obviously are clueless about how a 2 stroke engine works and why it is a very..... well for lack of any other word stupid thing to even consider putting oil in thelower case of a 2 stroke engine........ it will serve absolutely no purpose other than causing the engine to either not run at all or to just run long enough to oil foul the spark plug and then die...........
If you just gotta put oil in the lower end of something for goodness freaking sake go buy a 4 stroke engine and then pour oil in something that is made to have oil in it..........

I just cant believe this thread is still active...... by far one of the craziest ideas I have ever seem on this forum concerning the 2 stroke chine girls.....

Just gotta shake your head and laugh a little at this.......!

Peace, map

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine

I dont mean to sound rude here in any way but judging from this very silly question..... you guys obviously are clueless about how a 2 stroke engine works and why it is a very..... well for lack of any other word stupid thing to even consider putting oil in thelower case of a 2 stroke engine........ it will serve absolutely no purpose other than causing the engine to either not run at all or to just run long enough to oil foul the spark plug and then die...........
If you just gotta put oil in the lower end of something for goodness freaking sake go buy a 4 stroke engine and then pour oil in something that is made to have oil in it..........

I just cant believe this thread is still active...... by far one of the craziest ideas I have ever seem on this forum concerning the 2 stroke chine girls.....

Just gotta shake your head and laugh a little at this.......!

Peace, map
Self induced pneumonia/----in your motor. Oh how many times I've had to drain the base due to a leaky NT dripping into the intake side. And somebody is considering intentionally putting oil in there. ???dnut

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Yes, I cleaned out my crankcase with varsol? or kerosine? or old mix? one of them, then I poured a bit of 5w 30 synthetic motor oil into the crankcase then swooshed it around to coat the inside.
It was fun to watch the initial smoke cloud on firing it up for the first time and then watching the smoke clear up as the Opti2 became the primary lube.

Then again, I get excited watching puddles dry too.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

after cleaning, porting, modifying and deburring new engines, i pour a capful of two stroke oil on top of the piston.

i usually don't get around to installing it for awhile, so when it's ready to fire, the oil has seeped down to prevent a "dry start."

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

I put some Maxima 927 Castor 2 stroke oil on the bearings and cylinder when I built my last Dax engine, its a good kinda sticky 2 smoker oil and it seems to lube things well.

Thats a good idea baird, never a good thing for an engine to bust off with dry parts.

map
.wee.