Schwinn O.C.C. Build

GoldenMotor.com

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
The only OCC I have ever seen in person is mine. Then I saw retmachinist,s bike in GOOD pic's. I can't keep the chain from hitting the frame or the brakes. I can put the brakes up on the top part of the frame. Would take a lot of work to do that tho. I would take the rear wheel apart and use a coaster brake but that's lots of work too. Machine work don't scare me at all, since I live 30 feet from ours. Maybe refab the motor mount to get the motor closer to the seat post. My OCC is just a toy for me to play with. Too low to the ground for cars to see me. I don't feel safe on it in traffic. Riding anything with 2 wheels in Houston is a big gamble. I am getting old and don't remember his bike, Beautiful bike (c).shft.

Mr.Gadget

Nov 9, 2010
South Carolina
Very Nice builds people!!
Still waiting funding, and reading before I start mine.
I want it up and running NOW!!! But I also think that if I'm goning to build it, I should go full blown, and do everything...5 speed/derailure.... jack shaft.. disk brakes... All of this depends on funding, but the end result will be worth it.
Thanks for all the info shareing.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I have lasers, dial indicators, Yard sticks, My chain falls off. :(
It knows it, when I'm over two miles from the house!
Is your chain streched? Is the rear sprockect concentric? have you taken a file to the rear sprocket to make proper taper on the teeth?

I have worn out two chains with about 600+ mi on ea. Never had a chain jump off but did lose the chain once due to master link failure. Of course it was at a high stress point and worse possiable time(uphill making 90deg left turn in heavy traffic).

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
that is really well done and nice lookin!I just bought an occ stingray off a guy for $25.the seat was trashed,tires were flat,no spring on kickstand,no fender or chaingaurd and the whole bike was spraypainted red over the original paint and stickers.right now we are in the painting stage.I have my work cut out for me