new 4 stroke kit screaming

GoldenMotor.com

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
sorry to hear youre having problems with your engine and gears,goodluck with your next engine. but like i said before,ive seen bikes with no engine at the store costing more than my bike and engine kit together. for another $100 you could have got a better engine kit from another website with a better gearbox. and gasbike said no refunds,how about the warranty on parts,did they say they wouldnt give you another part replacing your bad one?

adventureluck

Apr 25, 2009
Wilmington, DE
Gasbike told me there's nothing they can do for me - absolutely nothing - once I opened the box. I even put a warning on the forums here for noone to buy from them and people are like 'my engine runs fine!' and I'm thinking 'well did you order your engine from gasbike.net? No you didn't.' Yah if I could have done it all over again I would have just bought a golden eagle tanaka or subaru engine first. Or a honda, and gotten the bicycle-engines.com kit. But I don't really care what I could have done or should have done. In life I'm gonna make mistakes if I try and accomplish so I really don't give a crap. Was a learning experience. Happiness equals Not chinese :)

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
id like to see pics too.rusted? what did you do leave it out side all winter.
i have mine in my living room and i try not to use it in rain.
mine looks like new,even my muffler looks brand new.

i did order a engine from gasbike.net and my runs fine,but i got a inframe 2-stroke.

where i live taxis are $12 or more round trip,10 trips to the store with my bike and its paid for.
so it looks like ive got a good deal.

Last edited:

adventureluck

Apr 25, 2009
Wilmington, DE
Sorry I've no camera, my freakin cell is nice but doesn't have a camera :) Anyway after I took gearbox off all the engine under there and some of it inside is rusted. I mean it's not a complete sack of rust but just imagine the engine with some brown. If you really wanna help me figure out how it's legal that someone can just sell someone a piece of **** they advertise as not being that and get away with it.

adventureluck

Apr 25, 2009
Wilmington, DE
Yah I'm aware that you all have working engines. This isn't show and tell! We're not in kindergarten. I'll give ya a little social skills lesson. Here ya go: When someone buys a product and it's complete crap and they get screwed out of their money that same someone doesn't want to hear how you own a working version. They also don't want to hear jokes about their potential stupidity. I mean I'm plenty stupid, and I feel that way for shopping at gasbike.net, but ya really don't have to dip a bat with nails into syrup and then salt and then beat my wounds with it. But ya know what? This is yer playground - this is where you go to feel better about your reality. What the **** am I doing complaining? I aint returning. Ya'll can go to **** along with huasheng.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i dont like misleading advertising either and i see it almost every website i look on they get away with selling chinese anti scrap metal and rate the speeds.milage and horsepower higher and promise a magic engine kit for a bike to travel with.
and they get away with it too and ive seen it with electric bikes alot more too.
it seems like when we order something its like getting a grabbag,you never know what youll get. good luck with your next engine kit and hope you dont have as many problems.

bobdirt

Apr 12, 2009
usa
I had the same problem trying to get the cover off jl hoot gearbox I nearly broke the mother f!!!ing cover, when I did get it off there was grease in the box but none no not even a smear in the bearing. The grubee kits I bought from gasbike were very good and actually arrived in the best condition of any I have recieved, maybe I ws just lucky. I think gasbike wanted to jump into the 4 stroke market bought these garbage kits and now when one leaves the door they sing "another one gone, and another one gone, another one bites the dust, oooooohh, oooooooh." On the bright side the rest of the components are good and a grubee gearbox is not a gad idea.

I agree there is too many new websites selling kits that are making a lot of hype statements.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi, if it helps any, I have a bunch of the hoot gearboxes for sale cheap, some are better than others, tho I did go on and design a new tranny myself, I know not everyone could do this.

Mike

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Yah I'm aware that you all have working engines. This isn't show and tell! We're not in kindergarten. I'll give ya a little social skills lesson. Here ya go: When someone buys a product and it's complete crap and they get screwed out of their money that same someone doesn't want to hear how you own a working version. They also don't want to hear jokes about their potential stupidity. I mean I'm plenty stupid, and I feel that way for shopping at gasbike.net, but ya really don't have to dip a bat with nails into syrup and then salt and then beat my wounds with it. But ya know what? This is yer playground - this is where you go to feel better about your reality. What the **** am I doing complaining? I aint returning. Ya'll can go to **** along with huasheng.
Hang in there buddy. Really sorry to hear you went threw all this. Thing that I find most angering about them and their web site is how they hide that GB knowing folks wouldn't buy that kit if they could see it. I would like to organize a consumer advocacy for MBers. Any one interested?

XenonDream

Feb 22, 2010
Arizona
I run a HuaSheng with a 4G box and haven't had any problems. At 20 mph, I can hardly hear the motor, and the box is whisper quiet. So far so good.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Old thread made by someone that clearly had issues... and not just with his four stroke o_O

I'd pull this old thread if it didn't actually have some really good advice - as well as serving as a warning regarding vendors.

Xenon - ya might wanna read a thread before posting in it, it's prolly a good thing adventureluck isn't around anymore ta read that lol ;)