Craigslist detroit seller vs china girl

GoldenMotor.com

clashed13

Aug 30, 2011
Michigan
So im looking to buy a new kit I found this add on craigslist and called the guy

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/bik/5633318344.html

He said he gets them all ported all amercan hardware and would be the best motor you can get around anywhere. I dont know if I beleive him if anybody can give me some info on this dudes motor kits or should I just buy a china girl. Can someone call him and give me more info?

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
I've been watching that guys adds for a while. His bikes have looked mostly well done. There were a couple a while back that looked a little sketchy. Lately, they have looked nice. Never have spoke or met him before. But it's not right next door to me either. What's keeping you from calling and checking them out? Are you real far from Troy?

clashed13

Aug 30, 2011
Michigan
im from detroit. He said he machines the pistons and everything.
i might want to get one of his but than again im not sure if he just says that.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
look back thru threads here & you'll see that bad mounting h/w hasn't been much of a problem since balanced cranks came out - pistons might be touched up a bit, but that doesn't seem necessary for good running

all-in-all, that sticker saying "made in detroit' on the clutch cover casts a bit of suspicion on his whole operation

clashed13

Aug 30, 2011
Michigan
I called he said its a hellcat motor? hes like its the best motor made 30 day warranty he wouldnt send me a pic either I think hes bull****ting he probably just made it all look nice

clashed13

Aug 30, 2011
Michigan
look back thru threads here & you'll see that bad mounting h/w hasn't been much of a problem since balanced cranks came out - pistons might be touched up a bit, but that doesn't seem necessary for good running

all-in-all, that sticker saying "made in detroit' on the clutch cover casts a bit of suspicion on his whole operation
i called i think hes bull****tting and hes really pushy about it, saying he got a friend he gets at from ford.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
seems a good bike - kents sometimes take a bit of work for front motor mount, but nothing horrible

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
Why not just go take a test ride? Lots of socially awkward people build good stuff. You will know if it's good because your butt will tell ya. I recently got a couple of gaskets off a guy from Craigslist in Westland. He had some interesting stuff as well as one of those newfangled electric start ones. I have his # if u can't find it.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I'm close to home..many red flags and lots of stickers that mean nothing. He built a lot of bikes past year and a half but look at some of the pictures they have almost all their bikes still! He does nothing but buy some machined parts a put them on. A custom build like he says he is would make a custom mount and might even throw alittle js on it so the engine isn't hanging of the side of the bike. Bottom line nothing is custom and he has a buddy in Clarkston selling same bikes