Help

GoldenMotor.com

Cookie

Jul 3, 2008
Well after over 7,000 miles(p), 4 spark plugs, 2 cdi units, 2 arguments with car people:crash:, several inertubes, a set of gaskets not to mention the exhaust gasket, 3 hurricanes (ya I ride around when the feeder clouds are running or the eye is over head), 1 broken motor mount, and a lot of fun:) my motor finally died for some reason it froze up I have broken the motor down as far as I can but can not get into the lower area (guess that last argument bent more than I thought). I realy hate to put this motor in the salvage ben we have been through a lot together ..........any ideas what might have frozen the motor or how to fix it or should I just give it an honorable spot in the parts ben.

Cookie

biken stins

Jul 11, 2008
Sorry about your bike. You must of maintained it very well. Maybe you could find a shop to break it open and let you know what it needs. Then go from there.
Who did you get it from ? Sounds like its been better than most.
Good luck.

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
By getting in the bottom area do you mean you can't take the jug off? If so that's because the piston is seized to the cylinder wall.

The Lawn Boy restorers (resurrectors) have pretty good luck with a fat wooden dowel and a dead blow hammer to unstick a piston. If it's not at TDC or BDC you have nothing to lose by trying.

If the piston is at (or very near) TDC or BDC this probably won't work. The piston needs room to move. In that case, you're gonna have to turn the crankshaft with a big breaker bar on the drive sprocket of the clutch. Rig up a chain whip if you don't have one. It fits around the sprocket better than a socket on a nut.

Chain Whip

If the piston is not at TDC or BDC unstick it. Spray PB Blaster (or you choice penetrating fluid) in the exhaust and intake ports and around the top of the piston. Support the engine as best you can on lots of foam packing, cushions or whatever. If possible have an extra pair of hands to hold it upright.

If you don't have a wooden dowel almost the same size as the piston find something almost the same size so you don't punch a hole in it. Place the dowel on top of the piston and give it a good smack. Usually one good smack is enough.

Good luck.

Ted

Cookie

Jul 3, 2008
Sorry about your bike. You must of maintained it very well. Maybe you could find a shop to break it open and let you know what it needs. Then go from there.
Who did you get it from ? Sounds like its been better than most.
Good luck.
I think I am just going to get a new motor but thanks guys love the tip about the wrench.

I think I got this motor from King. Right now I am looking around for an economical motor I found one site that had the motor for 100.$'s but for a few dollars more I can get a whole kit. It will be fun breaking in a new motor and getting to learn it's little qurkes.

Cookie