Whoa! Way too fast.....

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
So...after a few days of fine tuning the black widow she is running like a freaking beast! Dave Rust @ Arrow builds quality stuff!!

This morning I decided...."He'll, lets see what see can do!" After triple checking EVERYTHING, I removed all non essential items....tool box, kickstand, lights, etc. I then borrowed my neighbors full face helmet and crotch rocket jacket and pants. Woke up the ole lady so she could ride next to me in the car.

Bike specs:

4.5 arrow street racer engine
Custom kx60 exhaust
100:1 opti-2 mix with 93 octane
Kenda 2.0 kwik roller tires
Halo downhill mtb rims
Avid BB7 front disk, v-brake rear
Hoca aluminum throttle
39 tooth sprocket
KMC 410 chain
Rider - 6'2 185

Central FL, HOT, HUMID, sea level

Well, I'm proud to say.....I topped 55mph on my third run!!! Probably the scariest time of my life, but awesome at the same time! O..the road was nice and flat and freshly paved. Also, 70psi in the tires. No wind.

The bike ran surprisingly smooth. I take that as a pat on my own back. If it didn't, I'd have no one to blame but myself since I built it.

image.jpg

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=45635

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
So...after a few days of fine tuning the black widow she is running like a freaking beast! Dave Rust @ Arrow builds quality stuff!!

This morning I decided...."He'll, lets see what see can do!" After triple checking EVERYTHING, I removed all non essential items....tool box, kickstand, lights, etc. I then borrowed my neighbors full face helmet and crotch rocket jacket and pants. Woke up the ole lady so she could ride next to me in the car.

Bike specs:

4.5 arrow street racer engine

Well, I'm proud to say.....I topped 55mph on my third run!!! Probably the scariest time of my life, but awesome at the same time! O..the road was nice and flat and freshly paved. Also, 70psi in the tires. No wind.

The bike ran surprisingly smooth. I take that as a pat on my own back. If it didn't, I'd have no one to blame but myself since I built it.
Did you see this thread?

Top Speed, 80cc Chinese motor? what is the record?

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Just read the thread. I don't know how accurate my gps actually as...I'm assuming within a few mph's. my ole lady said she was bouncing back btwn 52-54 on her digital speedometer in the civic.

Maybe it was a fluke....I dunno. Maybe I just got one **** of an engine from arrow. BUT, I know one thing, I was freaking moving and it was scarier than he'll! LOL

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
That's awesome! sounds like everything is well balance.
I always have to bribe the ole lady, i think shes catching on.

Ray

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
WOW thats impressive and your bike is sik. i have had my 50cc at 44mph but it didnt have anything left to give and i was in full tuck. i got a cheap helmet cam for $50 and i use the ulysse gps speedo app on my phone.the speedo in my car broke so i use the ulysse app and its always very accurate

heres a vid of the day i got 71kph-44mph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2qSKbPux4Q

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
My 66 can get up to about 62kmh (about 38-39mph) and I think that is too fast for a bike, I run a 44T sprocket.
Notched skirt, needle bearing spacers, ported.

Sure I can go faster, with a smaller tooth ratio, but I live in a hilly area, and am happy with 44T.

But 55! (88.5kmh)
Holy Speeding Crap Batman!

You must have been thinking like I do, 'This is too fast for a bike, (for you added-->) and then some!'

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
with the 4.5 hp kit, how do you like? runs strong? can you cruise at 30-35 mph with no problms? i made a thread in high performance bicycle tips about arrows 4.5 or 9hp kit but ur the only one that is running one lol thinkin bout the 4.5 kit

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
My buddy recently picked up one of these arrow 4.5 motors and it is a blast. Getting to 25 mph is darn quick lol. I had his old 2.75 hp motor up to 33 mph and ran out of real estate so I imagine the 4.5 will be fast.

Im at over 5000 ft elevation which just kills power. For instance if your car goes 13 seconds in a 1/4 mile at the drag strip it will only pull 14 seconds at this elevation.

Wanted to ask about those tires you have, any opinion on them? Looking for something with good pavement traction, resistant as possible to flats.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
They are the Kenda Kwik rollers. I have had no issues with them whatsoever. It is pretty flat here in central florida and rains almost every afternoon. They handle well in the wet and roll awesome!