Problem with the Clutch

GoldenMotor.com

stewood

May 25, 2008
Everything was working fine, then all of a sudden my clutch will not engage.

I removed the housing from in front of the chain gear and looked at the pin that normaly engages the clutch. Try as I might I could not get it to push in. (even with the help of a rubber mallat).

When I look inside the hole I think I see a smaller pin, but I am not sure.

Can someone take a look at the pictures and give me some advice. I really don't want to break open the engine housing unless I have to.

Thanks!

-Stephen

Attachments

DragonB

Sep 27, 2008
www.myspace.com
im pretty sure your gonna have to take it apart, i cant see what the problem is just from those pics... besides, its a huge issue and needs to be resolved correctly for your own health! :)

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
In front of the rod is a ball bearing. Get a magnet to get it out. Shoot some grease in there, insert the ball, more grease then the rod, then more grease on the clutch arm, put it back together and retry. It is also a good idea to unscrew the clutch cable adjustment anchor and pump some grease in there. I use a grease hose with a needle to get it there.

stewood

May 25, 2008
In front of the rod is a ball bearing. Get a magnet to get it out. Shoot some grease in there, insert the ball, more grease then the rod, then more grease on the clutch arm, put it back together and retry. It is also a good idea to unscrew the clutch cable adjustment anchor and pump some grease in there. I use a grease hose with a needle to get it there.
That did it. Thank you very much!