Where are the 26 x 2.125 ?

GoldenMotor.com

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
Hey, how's Everybody Doin ?

Why an I not finding Bike tires listed in a bike tire sales catalog for my size 26 x 2.125 ?

The sizes range up to 28 x 2.0.

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
The rim that fits 26 X 2.125 fits from 26 X 1.75 to about 26 X 2.50 and all decimal sizes between. The frame may not accept the widest ones and the narrower ones must be kept inflated to higher pressures to protect against pinch flats. Quality tires are worth the extra expense and department stores won't have high quality rubber. Kevlar reinforced tires protect against some flats.

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
The rim that fits 26 X 2.125 fits from 26 X 1.75 to about 26 X 2.50 and all decimal sizes between. The frame may not accept the widest ones and the narrower ones must be kept inflated to higher pressures to protect against pinch flats. Quality tires are worth the extra expense and department stores won't have high quality rubber. Kevlar reinforced tires protect against some flats.
I bought some Kevlar reinforced tires at walmart the " bell " brand. I realize these are not the best quality and they cost 15.00 each but they seem pretty good.... how much would one pay for a "quality" tire... could you recommend a brand to look for....?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I run Bell 26" x 1.90" tires. I have over 500 miles and they are about shot....don't know if that's good or not but they were 11 bucks apiece.

2.125's can be a bit of a clearance problem on some bikes.

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I can recommend some tires but they are double what you are paying. Continental tires are very durable and great tires but may only be available by mail order. I would expect 2000 miles at least using Conti tires. Bontranger, Maxxis and Kenda are all big names in retail bike shop tires and available mail order. I know I have gotten 1500 miles on my current Kenda tire and they look to have another 1000 miles on them. I do not only compare the economics of the tire but also the safety of a better made one under me at 20-30 mph. Even if I can only get the motor up to that speed I can pedal that fast or more and downhills add speed and momentum that calls for a quality tire.

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
I Run The Cheap-o Bells On My 20" Bike Ive Got About 300 Miles On Them And You Can Hardly Tell Theyve Been Riden At All. Well I Have A Cheap -o Bell On The Front And A Schwinn Drag Slik On The Rear. Which I Burn Often After Rolling Thru A Water Puddle. :d

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Would love to find white (all white, not whitewalls) in 26 x 2.125 in a high quality tire. Have some lower end tires now (so far so good), but could use a source for replacements.

I see 26 x 2.125s everywhere around here...not all white, though.

Last edited:
I own a Bicycle Shop in NC and stock these size tires. Go to your local bike shop, if they don't have them they can get them for sure. $15 is a good price for a quality tire. Kenda is a good brand. You can spend more for Continentals if you want the best, but they're expensive.