The Violator is born!

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
So, I put some Loctite on that fender bolt today. It should hold just fine now. My throttle cable arrived today as well. I swapped it out and its good to go. The last thing I want to do is paint the front tire. In case anyone is scratching their head, it can be done with the right paint. Gonna just paint it black like the rear tire. It was a whitewall to begin with, but it has other colors of spraypaint on it and I think a little bleach as well. Hopefully I will get a chance to paint it tonight, as long as it doesn't start raining again. Once the tire is painted, this baby will be absolutely perfect.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Got the tire painted, letting it dry overnight. Gonna put it back on tomorrow and maybe put a couple miles on this puppy finally. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything is properly adjusted. I did start it the other day, and it started perfectly. Main thing I always have to keep an eye on is chain alignment, so hopefully there won't be any issues with that. Guess I will find out soon enough.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
The tire is now painted, and the bike is perfect! Just gotta test ride it to make sure no further adjustments are needed. Waiting for nicer weather for that, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Oh come on man. He worked hard on it, and though it isn't a morini bike with a $1000 paint job, it's my kind of bike. He put love into it and made it special. I applaud you bigbutterbean

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Almost forgot I wanted to post an update today. The weather became nice enough to go for a test ride today. No issues with chain alignment. I did have some trouble with starting. The engine seemed to want to bog down. I adjusted the idle screw and it seemed to help. It may also have been because of the rain. We will see what happens tomorrow.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
It's been wet in CT too, my air dryer didn't even work on my compressor so I was spraying mist out of my air gun today. I can't wait for sunshine

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Yeah, the first time I started it was last week, and it had no problems. It hadn't rained here at all last week. I can tell you one thing. I was doing 30 right before I parked it. I wasn't even trying to get it up to speed, so I won't be surprised if it does 35, maybe even 40 by the time it gets broken in. And I weigh about 285. Its pretty awesome. And its actually a 68.5cc.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
this hobby is all about big fun for little money. dosn't matter what they look like, it's the feeling of accomplishment you get from it and the joy of that first ride.

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
Yeah, I'm happy with the tires I have. Plus, I'm done spending money on this bike. Getting married in less than a month, and my fiance would kill me if I spent any more money on this bike. Bad enough I still have to come up with a tail light.
cheap flashlights some red cellophane, and whatever salvaged housing will work wonders! you can even run off a square 6v. battery attachd to your lugg'rack!
shouldnt cost more than $10

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Yeah I ordered a cheapo taillight on eBay. It got here today. I also ordered a battery holder that holds 4 AA batteries. That got here today as well. Tomorrow, I am gonna have a buddy of mine help me modify my headlight. The light originally ran on one D cell. I got bulbs at wallyworld that fit my headlight and run on 4 AA's, hence the battery holder.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
...like I said, it looks fun. but compared to these period looking track racers, its pretty ugly, I can tell you forum members like to make eachother feel all good inside, thats cool. but ill tell ya the truth, its ugly.

p.s. Sometimes ugly is a good thing.
also wanted to point out, it's not that we're all about making each other feel nice about ourselves, we just are courteous enough to not insult each other.

it's not that we don't critique each other, it's we do it in a way where we can generally be considered respectful. i pointed out a problem i saw about this bike and butter didn't get offended, he took it as constructive criticism, because that's what it was.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Yeah, lol. I don't know about yall, but I think this is a pretty manly hobby. Working with your hands will always be manly. Not to mention that slapping a motor on a frickin' BICYCLE and riding it around takes some pretty big cajones.