New Ride Huffy Karaoke Rat Rod

GoldenMotor.com

GoGetHer

Apr 8, 2010
Lake Wedowee AL
Finally finished my Huffy Karaoke Bike. I took off the decals/stickers, fenders and placed some ape hangers on her. Placed a zoombicycle slant head 80CC engine. Still breaking in but love the feel of the bike vs a mountain bike. What do ya think?
Before and after.............................

Attachments

GoGetHer

Apr 8, 2010
Lake Wedowee AL
Yeah the ride is so much better, and you just feel cool laid back hanging on the ape bars. Not to mention the BIG vibration you feel in your hands from a MTB, leaning over on the handlebars. My hands tingle after riding my motorized MB. I first built a motorized bike with a MTB because it was a trial run and I already had an older MTB I didn't care about. Since that build went well I decided to try a cruiser bike, soooooooooo glad I did! I even build one for my wife, she just had to have one. I will post pics of her bike under a new thread titled "Green Machine"

jtbarnes89

Sep 1, 2010
Tucson
Yeah the ride is so much better, and you just feel cool laid back hanging on the ape bars. Not to mention the BIG vibration you feel in your hands from a MTB, leaning over on the handlebars. My hands tingle after riding my motorized MB. I first built a motorized bike with a MTB because it was a trial run and I already had an older MTB I didn't care about. Since that build went well I decided to try a cruiser bike, soooooooooo glad I did! I even build one for my wife, she just had to have one. I will post pics of her bike under a new thread titled "Green Machine"
agreed i have the same set up and i need to order those apes.. did u have to extend the lines to put those apes on? and do u have any wabble in ur rear wheel after the sprocket application? i have a 35 tooth rear from spooky tooth and im hitting about 32 right now with everything else stock.. wats ur top speed?

jtbarnes89

Sep 1, 2010
Tucson
Finally finished my Huffy Karaoke Bike. I took off the decals/stickers, fenders and placed some ape hangers on her. Placed a zoombicycle slant head 80CC engine. Still breaking in but love the feel of the bike vs a mountain bike. What do ya think?
Before and after.............................
are u running a coaster brake? ive heard everyone on here down about those but ive never motorized one... they say they are dangerous but i dont believe them

GoGetHer

Apr 8, 2010
Lake Wedowee AL
agreed i have the same set up and i need to order those apes.. did u have to extend the lines to put those apes on? and do u have any wabble in ur rear wheel after the sprocket application? i have a 35 tooth rear from spooky tooth and im hitting about 32 right now with everything else stock.. wats ur top speed?

No extension needed to lines. I did have to extend the kill switch wires some. Back tire is fine no wobble, however bike new had a slight wobble before I motorized it. I think the tire is slightly warped. I do not have speed odometer on yet, engine is still breaking in. It feels like about 20 MPH.

GoGetHer

Apr 8, 2010
Lake Wedowee AL
are u running a coaster brake? ive heard everyone on here down about those but ive never motorized one... they say they are dangerous but i dont believe them
I believe if you do it right a coaster brake can be safe and effective. If you are using a motorized bike as a commuter then I would definitely want caliper brakes. But if you use a motorized bike like I do to just cruise around the neighborhood and side roads the cruiser brakes work fine. They say if the chain brakes you have no brakes, thats right. However knock on wood, if the bike is set-up right and chain tension correct the chain should not break. I have never had a chain break on a motorcycle, dirt or street, mini-bikes, or bicycles. So far me and my wife have had no problems with the coaster brakes so far. My 2-3 cents worth anyway.

cuberasnapper

Feb 22, 2011
Florida
bike is sweet i have the same set up on a huffy big daddy same bike but it comes all black with red wheels and i put the same ape hangers on it. realy fun and comfortable but if you put a grubee hd wheel and axel i think it make a great set up. huffy wheels are so cheap give it a couple of weeks and it will wobble like crazy but just the rear wheel set up it makes it bad assss.. your bike looks real good

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
I had the same mentality as you, I cruise around the back roads, how can my coaster brake fail? I started with a cranbrook (the same frame and parts as your bike) on my first ride, I was going about 25mph, put just a little pressure on the brake and SNAP! the brake arm sheared away from the brake arm cuff, rotated around and jammed.Thankfully, it did not lock the wheel right away and did not snap the axle, but it took me forever to get the wheel off with that brake arm jammed up so bad. There is a good reason you only see coaster brakes on slow cruiser bikes, they can not handle any amount of speed.

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
i don't see any secondary brakes on there so it must be just the coaster.. Have your donor card ready at that point, because IT **WILL** FAIL.. Coasters don't provide stopping power needed on a 48cc let alone a 66cc, and if that's all you're using and you're jamming on it, it's only a matter of time before the whole thing seizes up on you and you have no brakes. This isn't meant to be harsh or derogatory, just speaking from past experience and a trip to the hospital. At the least the coaster will seize up and you'll need a new brake and new bearings /hub.. at worst you hit the brakes hard and the pedal side chain snaps (like mine did) and you wind up having to hit something nice and soft like a Hyundai (like I did) to stop as you have no brakes left and are going 25-30 mph.

get yourself a set of calipers (at least) on that thing before you start opening her up on the road..

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
got to agree with every 1 else i got a kmart huffy with my slow poke motor on it even at 16 mph brakes don't hold up i had to put a back up set of brakes to stop faster they just buddy of mine found out the hard way by buying me new bike after he could not stop when he got cut off by Harley

cop still laugh at him when he see him .duh.:-||

cuberasnapper

Feb 22, 2011
Florida
everyone is right coaster brakes are not all that i found the grubee hd wheel/axel set up is the best or get with terry at blow by u and get one of his wheels and you will be set. the rear wheel and hub is realy the only week point with a hd set up u can ride for a long long time.brnot