Suggestions

GoldenMotor.com

tascott

Jun 6, 2009
Virginia
So I did some fijangilin around and figured out a way to make my sproket fit. I have to go get new threads today to extend the length on the front motor braket. Is my motor stright up enough? Any suggestions about what I should do or am I looking good on my first build?

Attachments

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
It looks like your carb isn't quite level. The only thing I would suggest is rotate the engine a little bit to get the carb level. Slide the back mount down a little and the front up just a tad. Otherwise I think you're good to go and the carb may work just fine the way it is now.

tascott

Jun 6, 2009
Virginia
Thanks! I am going to get a longer thread bolt to apply to the large frame adapter today so once I get it mounted I will be a short few steps to riding I hope!

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
It looks like you will still have clearance issues when you slide the rear down between and clutch housing and chain. You'll also need to add a spacer between and rear motor mount and the engine to elongate and mounting. A piece of 1" square tubing usually does the trick. Or you could get the extensions from Live Fast Motors. They have worked well by giving me 3 extra inches and they come with all the hardware.

tascott

Jun 6, 2009
Virginia
I just cut up an old football and used that for spacers. I think that might give me some more space.I will post some pics once I get it mounted tommorow. Any suggestions for connecting everything wires and such? I want to get my first build right ya know