Jinxed

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just stumbled on this old thread and decided to update it.

The day this bike fell over in my friend's garage was the last day it ran. I pushed it home, parked it in the corner of my garage and it hasn't been moved since that day in May. It's covered with dust and I didn't even drain the fuel. The tires are still up and it looks ready to ride but it won't be me who rides it. Too bad. It was a pretty thing, wasn't it?

Tom

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
:-||

You all never heard of biker bells?

http://www.fullthrottleleathers.com/page/201750203

The woman that loves ya can buy you one of these, she must attach it to the gremlin ridden bike in question. You must not touch it.
Your bad luck will clear right up.

This dates back to the early 70's, I first saw them in an EasyRiders magazine way back then.
I guess they work on our bicycles, since they gots an engine!

I had one on a Yamaha Roadstar, ran over a piece of junk in the road like a knife blade, slit the tire deep for about 4", and never went flat. Never laid that bike down once.
Good Luck!

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
I heard of an unlucky shotgun that wounded or killed three people before the farmer that owned it burned it in a brush pile fire.
The original owner leaned it against a tree, it fell over and shot him, he lost his leg.
He gave it to his brother and his nephew accidentally shot his dad, killing him.
The farmer bought it from the widow cheap, took it hunting and while he was loading it he closed the action and it went off. He lost three toes.
A couple weeks later, it was tossed in the fire.
There really are things that are just 'unlucky'.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I heard of an unlucky shotgun that wounded or killed three people before the farmer that owned it burned it in a brush pile fire.
The original owner leaned it against a tree, it fell over and shot him, he lost his leg.
He gave it to his brother and his nephew accidentally shot his dad, killing him.
The farmer bought it from the widow cheap, took it hunting and while he was loading it he closed the action and it went off. He lost three toes.
A couple weeks later, it was tossed in the fire.
There really are things that are just 'unlucky'.
Muzzle control. I would never aim any gun past anything. Willingly or accidentally. Willingly if I had to. They teach this in hunter safety school. To sum it up if the gun never gets pointed at anything wrong. I would never ever point at gun at my toes while loading it Lol.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Personally I don't believe in luck or something being un-lucky, but if something creates fearfulness and anxiety such as a bike or motorcycle I recommend totally changing it into something that doesn't create this feeling or just getting rid of it.

nothing has ever made me feel that way since I believe in the power of prayer and believe that " Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world" I just pray and ask that negative things be put behind me and ask for a blessing in the circumstance and have faith that it will be done according to His will.

I have no fear of man or things in this life that I can or can't see, I just take authority over them and then do what I need to do.

But, I say again just like I have said before, if you don't feel right about something like Tom has described, then I say get rid of it and move on, riding scared in any way is the worst thing a person can do, that can get ya hurt or worse.

Peace, Map

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
I had a 77 Grand Marquis that was beautiful on top but a rusted out hulk on the underside. Drove it everywhere. I filled the huge gas tank on the way to work one morning. Came out after work, was backing out of the parking space, and there was a huge clunk, then a dragging sound..
I looked under there and the entire gas tank had broken loose and fell to the ground, held up by its filler tube.
If that had happened on the highway I would have been a fireball going down I-75 on CNN news that day!
I said, "Thank you Jesus! and rigged a new mount, a guy helped me bolt it up and home I went.
To me, that was pure dee good luck, it falling off when it did.
So I believe in the Good Book, and I believe in luck.
The Lord can help you with your luck, sometimes.
;)

heliobikes

Vendor/Dealer
Oct 29, 2014
San Diego, CA.
I can feel your pain. It is frustrating for sure. In some cases when there is this much trouble there are manufacturing errors. Better to start clean. New Bike, New Kit. Dont let it take your love for motorized bikes!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks for the kind words of encouragement guys. I don't know why I even bumped this thread except that I had to move something that was behind that bike yesterday and it was the first time I'd touched it in 5 months. My neighbor was there and asked me what I was going to do with the bike. He wants to buy it but I don't want to take the chance on him getting hurt on it. I told him it wasn't for sale.

Stephen King could probably write a great story about it. I imagine it would be something like 'From a Buick Eight' or 'Christine' both stories about possesed cars. King could have a ball with an evil, demonic motorized bicycle. :)

Tom

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Tom I've got an idea, get it out clean it up and ride it Friday night. The only thing to fear is fear itself! Its just another day but all the hipe surrounding Halloween with all the spooks and goblins makes people afraid. After the ride you will learn that in all that happened with that bike was just a coincidence.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Tom I've got an idea, get it out clean it up and ride it Friday night. The only thing to fear is fear itself! Its just another day but all the hipe surrounding Halloween with all the spooks and goblins makes people afraid. After the ride you will learn that in all that happened with that bike was just a coincidence.
Greg,
Way back there was an old thread about riding a motorized bike on Halloween. The poor guy was wearing a cape as part of his costume.

Chain drives and capes don't get along. You can probably guess the rest :)

Tom

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Tom have you been watching the Christine movie? In 2008 I got back on the motorcycle that almost killed me, its just a machine that mankind built. We have control over them, if something goes wrong its probably a faulty part or in my case I did something wrong. What I did wrong was not taking the carb apart to start with and cleaning before trying to tune it.

Reactions: Capt. Red Beard

Rudz

Jun 24, 2014
Tyler TX
If I had the money I'd buy it and make it my b*tch. Teach that bike a lesson.

Some girls like it rough, gotta manhandle her so she knows who's in charge