NorthEast Texas bike journey

GoldenMotor.com

Solmangrundy

Apr 15, 2014
Northeast Texas
Starting off on here after just completing my bike build and break-in so far so good but oh there were challenges.

I got my kit in a timely manner and put it almost all of it together on a Fixie bike from walmart. A real cheap setup that only cost me $200 with everything all put together except that the gas tank threads for the petcock were bad. so instead i ended up taking an old 60's yahamah motorcycle tank and ducktaped it to the frame heavily.

So far the engines stayed together but the bike itself is rattling itself loose and i end up retightening everything after everyride of about 30-50miles, so having a toolbag strapped to the bike is a must.

So far no major engine trouble yet still running a 16:1 gas mix(8oz of oil), next gallon will be a 20:1 mix (6.4oz of Oil).

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your bike. It's always nice to have another fellow Texan motor bicycler

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Welcome and enjoy. We all like to see pics... All our bikes vibrate, some more than others. We all use Loctite to one degree or another too. lol

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
Sweet, another NE Texas motorbiker!

Maybe we will soon have enough people to set up monthly meets.

If you are tired of tightening everything repeatedly, consider getting a HS50 engine. They aren't the fastest, but vibrations are much more manageable.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Liquid Loctite helps, but you still need to tighten bolts once a week or so until everything is well seated.

Solmangrundy

Apr 15, 2014
Northeast Texas
Sweet, another NE Texas motorbiker!

Maybe we will soon have enough people to set up monthly meets.

If you are tired of tightening everything repeatedly, consider getting a HS50 engine. They aren't the fastest, but vibrations are much more manageable.
Im a speed demon and tinkerer i love trying to get the most out of my machines. I have a Worksman tricycle that id like to put a 4stroke honda/clone on you'know like a 5.5hp or something like that. It would mount right over the rear axle.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Im a speed demon and tinkerer i love trying to get the most out of my machines. I have a Worksman tricycle that id like to put a 4stroke honda/clone on you'know like a 5.5hp or something like that. It would mount right over the rear axle.
Solman, after you get some miles under your belt come to the Texas thread and let us know about your experiences.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=26328