is it legal and what do you guys think about 2 stroke off of amozon

GoldenMotor.com

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Well, I guess it's better than hucking yourself off staircases and ledges with a skateboard like I was doing at that age.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Well, I guess it's better than hucking yourself off staircases and ledges with a skateboard like I was doing at that age.
LOL and when people didn't sue you for it or try squeezing money out of you for doing something "unlawful". I can't tell you how many times people say "take that motor off and exercise and then drive away with mcdonalds in their gas guzzling trucks. Or "that's an unlicensed moped, that's not street legal, blah blah , bleh bleh" Oh and of course.... "that's cute" and "That's so gay" DEAR LORD. Not meaning to rant here or anything

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
The biggest issue I have with kids riding these things is that there is a licensing and registration requirement in most states for motor assisted bicycles, and if they get caught without their paperwork or crash and get hurt or damage property, then it makes it a visible issue that the Hammers see fit to nail down.

When I skateboarded it was back in a day and age that you would get kindly asked to leave if it wasn't okay, otherwise we'd run and hide when an ominous potbellied presence would appear, and go find another place to shred.

If people give you flak, you have the option of making it undeniably badass, or telling them to take their opinions and put them where the sun don't shine! rotfl

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
The biggest issue I have with kids riding these things is that there is a licensing and registration requirement in most states for motor assisted bicycles, and if they get caught without their paperwork or crash and get hurt or damage property, then it makes it a visible issue that the Hammers see fit to nail down.

When I skateboarded it was back in a day and age that you would get kindly asked to leave if it wasn't okay, otherwise we'd run and hide when an ominous potbellied presence would appear, and go find another place to shred.

If people give you flak, you have the option of making it undeniably badass, or telling them to take their opinions and put them where the sun don't shine! rotfl
AMEN. Plus you get these 16 year old kids that think they're all badass and cut the mufflers in half to make it LOUD, which is bad for hearing as well as the engine, the bike's a beat up eyesore, chain is loose and begging for trouble, air filter and fuel filters upside down. I admit on alot of my builds they got dinged and scratched but NOT ALL. So, these kids annoy the police and harass people, then ruin riding privileges for those of us responsible riders who depend on our trusty motorized bicycles for transportation. Every bike I've built I've been complimented on and always asked "how much would you sell that to me for" I'm not saying every kid is like that, but in my area....I've seen it. As well as in neighboring states, and towns.

Last edited:

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Well at least loud pipes let others know that they are there, and I would hope that they would then be avoided rather than aimed at for a case of vehicular manslaughter.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Well at least loud pipes let others know that they are there, and I would hope that they would then be avoided rather than aimed at for a case of vehicular manslaughter.
That is true. BUT, it also gives the police and bystanders the wrong impression of our motorized bicycles. It also can make us look bad. Most of the blame falls into the hands of the drivers on the road.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
That is true. BUT, it also gives the police and bystanders the wrong impression of our motorized bicycles. It also can make us look bad. Most of the blame falls into the hands of the drivers on the road.
In my experience, laws and legislation are written because of those who behave badly, generally. The nutbar that does crazy stuff in downtown traffic with no helmet, etc.; the yo-yo that blasts through the park at full throttle, and so on.

I'm not perfect, but I try to behave and be somewhat predictable (as in not random) for those around me.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I hear ya, I've put a silencer with stainless packing on my BMX since I spend most of the time over 8000 rpm, on the other bikes I haven't put packing in the mufflers because it can be an issue when it fills up with soot or blows out the endcap and plugs it up, and they are extremely loud under load. In my neighborhood where there all these cars and trucks with cutoff exhausts, and flowmasters and stuff like that, along with loud stock motorcycles, a 50cc scootypuff doesn't really make any difference, but its a good idea to tailor your bike to the sensibility of the neighborhoods where you ride. It's kinda funny, my electric motard makes more audible noise at long distance than my BMX, something about how the particular frequencies it makes travel very far.

I hear ya CTripps, its always good to be friendly and wave, even to the cold c-words that turn their noses up at you as you ride by, at least they won't feel threatened.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
I hear ya, I've put a silencer with stainless packing on my BMX since I spend most of the time over 8000 rpm, on the other bikes I haven't put packing in the mufflers because it can be an issue when it fills up with soot or blows out the endcap and plugs it up, and they are extremely loud under load. In my neighborhood where there all these cars and trucks with cutoff exhausts, and flowmasters and stuff like that, along with loud stock motorcycles, a 50cc scootypuff doesn't really make any difference, but its a good idea to tailor your bike to the sensibility of the neighborhoods where you ride. It's kinda funny, my electric motard makes more audible noise at long distance than my BMX, something about how the particular frequencies it makes travel very far.

I hear ya CTripps, its always good to be friendly and wave, even to the cold c-words that turn their noses up at you as you ride by, at least they won't feel threatened.
I agree too! I keep to myself and always obey the limits, I never really modify my exhaust I either keep the stock one on or upgrade to a speed demon, I don't like sounding like "BRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIINNNGGG BOOM BOOM BOOOM BOOOM BOOOM " Mostly the people that do that, do it because they can...but there are better ways to make your exhaust louder, not running a muffler/silencer or cutting your pipe in half IS NOT the way to go. Also, I should be able to ride peacefully without crazy ass clowns high tailing it all of the time. But we all know we can't get that. I also enjoy riding with other MBers in my city, we go on a cruise. Otherwise when I'm alone I like taking in scenery between 30-35 mph.