California.....

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
But is it REALLY?, really illegal? Howabout my 212cc 4-stroke HF? Is everything illegal in CA? Is it time to move to a greater, less crowded state?

Nobody hassels me for riding my bikes legally or not where I live, but I do ride responsibly most of the time ;)

.wee.

oh did I forget to mention that I ride motorized bikes everyday around here?
Actually there are 2 types of "Legal" in this state. There's "Technically Legal" and "What's Actually Enforced, Legal". The latter seems to vary depending how much free time the Police have in the city you ride in or through. LOL

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Same boat. Will most likely be ordering a kit soon from Venice. I'm in such a love/hate relationship with California at the moment its unhealthy. I love the weather and geography, but cannot stand some of the restrictions and regulations imposed on us compared to the rest of the country.
That's funny, the same people who banned the kits seems to believe they will change the weather. These bikes get 150 miles to a gallon, what more do they want? Also, I can't find anyone who sells ethanol free gas here. Anyhow, there are a few vendors who will sell kits to CA residents. Also, remember that it is legal to sell "parts" in CA. You can buy a lower end crank case and an upper end cylinder and piston and easily put it together yourself.