Bob White Bike

GoldenMotor.com

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
I had a spare motor so I decided to do a Huffy Cranbrook build with the intent of selling the result. Originally I was going to do an F4U Corsair theme (Airplane from Baa baa black sheep), but everyone who saw the Cranbrook in it's pristine condition said "Don't paint that!" So I went with a blue on black ("BoB") with "White" theme.

I took the time to reinforce the front fender, btw, and applied Locktite to various bits and pieces. I also swapped out the original handlebars and stem with a set I had lying around, added a rack, and put on some dual pivot brakes. It still has the coaster brake, but I don't trust those with a motorized bike.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Hmmm. A corsair theme would be a real challenge, but I have seen members pull off amazing things. I think coaster brakes are fine for a motorized bike IF you have a good front brake, I ran a coaster for a year or so without problems.

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
why don't you trust a coaster brake?

I think mine needs some grease now that I think about it.

Edit: I'm looking forward to matching and exceeding your build =)
Next build... custom gas tank and maybe a disk brake, board track style handlebars, similar theme.

Last edited:

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Well, I don't trust coaster brakes ALONE with a motorized bike. As a rear brake in conjunction with a good front brake they're probably ok. I tend to add both front and rear brakes and leave to coaster as an "emergency backup".

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Yep, that's me in Two Harbors, SB.

This bike is now listed on Craig's list. I still have the "Bomber bike" (the one in my logo) and another motor intended for a bike I hope to build this winter.