New to motorized biking

GoldenMotor.com

Ray Eades

Mar 23, 2012
Khon Khen
I live in Thailand,the manufacturer of the Honda GX25. They sell it in the form of a small outboard engine called 'Chibi'. I'm going to get one. I am trying to find out if they manufacture any motor kits for bikes. Does anyone have any information of a supplier? I could just buy an engine and order the rest from abroad but it would be great to find something locally.
pino.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I can't help you either, but it sounds like an interesting project and one I hope you will share with the rest of us. Is the engine you mentioned air cooled or water cooled? Welcome to the forum.
SB

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Welcome to the forum! There has to be someone on here that can help you with your project. Just do some research you should be able to find what your looking for.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Welcome aboard, Ray!

IMO, best way to assure yourself of a local supplier would be to use that Chibi in a rack mount FD setup.

If you review the excellent FD threads here, you shall see ALL the components can be adapted from quite common items.

I would think you could expect an operating speed of perhaps 25-30kph using the Chibi, and get GREAT fuel mileage for your baht!

(I have friends in Chanthaburi, and shipping from there is excellent, so I would expect you would have few problems with outsourced items.)

Here is a European company that markets a reduction unit and chain drive to the crank, for the Chibi.

http://www.bimoto.pl/index.php?s=1&l=en

IMO, MUCH more complicated, yet the primary reduction, AND the retention of the bike shifter capability really provides wonderful opportunity, if you need that hill capability.

Best
rc

Attachments