motor biking around key west

GoldenMotor.com

18 speed demon

Sep 29, 2008
Hi all.

Im going to convert my run of the mill 18 speed box-store bike into a motor-bike this week. New to the forum of course...

Im planning on using the motor-bicycle for commuting around Key West (maybe 5-10 miles MAX a day). I dont plan on spending a fortune on my first project... found numerous kits on ebay with most in the range of $150-$160 including shipping. Are these ok for a first time project? Im pretty mechanically inclined so im ok if takes a little tinkering to install. I plan on installing additional LED head/tail lights, turn signals, etc...

Still doing some research on which motor kit to use, but so far im leaning towards a couple on ebay in the price range noted above... of course, and im sure, china imports (which is fine).

Tom

Last edited:

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
In my opinion the kits are pretty much the same. The customer servive (if needed) will be the difference. I have bought all my kits of of ebay. Most recently, a 70cc for $145 including shipping. Provided you have enough clearance you shouldn't have any trouble. Just ask questions if you do.
I think the Keys are a perfect for motrobicycling. I grew up in Key Largo. Nice flat terrain....sunshine!!

18 speed demon

Sep 29, 2008
Hi,

Its just a standard 18 speed mountain bike from Wall-E-World. Ive seen similar on youtube with the ebay motors (so the vid title said). Im not worried about customer service unless the box comes shipped with tainted chinese milk ;) I converted a 43cc Ryobi Weedwacker into a model plane engine a few years back, just figured a ready to go kit for the bike would be quicker and probably cheaper in all actuality, I dont have the luxury of that spare time anymore, unfortunately, or Id love to do it all from scratch.

O well, thats life! Thanks for the reply.

Tom