My first build, it's quite the custom

GoldenMotor.com

zappys

Jul 24, 2011
st.cloud MN
Here is my first build it consists of motorizing my Murray Santa cruz six speed, making a custom gas tank, and a custom seat. Here is a pic of the bike.

Here is a few pics of my gas tank concept.

And here is one wih the tank on the bike.

I do have a few questions though. Is the tank too big and were would the petcock and gas cap assembly go?

rimotorbiker1976

Aug 31, 2010
rhode island
from what i see,you may need 2 pet cocks, on each side of bike, as it looks like tank is split in half,run a tee from both pet cocks to main fuel line,looks pretty cool actually, cause you could keep one half of tank off, and when first half runs out, you will know you have almost half of your fuel supply left.put pet cocks low as possible while still running downward toward carb,and cap as high as possibe.hope this helps im sure someone else will have better advice.

zappys

Jul 24, 2011
st.cloud MN
Ok i ran into so trouble so the custom parts are on the backburner for a while.
I have completed the bike with the stock parts and it wont start i will try to post pics and a video but it will be after i come home from the booundry waters i wont be back for a week. although after trying a few time i believe the problem is the carburater. (i have the cns v2 carb)

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
it should start ok with that carb.might me something simple.make sure the petcok is open.could be,you might have the clutch cable a tad to tight.or,your cdi wires might need a little double checking.if anything is hooked up to the white wire,unhook it.if none of that works....your in serious trouble lol not to mention the skyhawks all need the clutch adjusted some.but not too much.I used an older slightly larger intake manifold and rigged a super skinny airfilter to my v2 and now it works great.it bogs down a little when the choke is on but warmed up and with the choke off she runs like a dream.no bog,works gereat.and pull that little tube off the bottom too,that helps
:-||

Last edited: