Question about an Engine?

GoldenMotor.com

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
hello, im new to posting and new to the motorized bike world, just want to ask some of the experts on the subject, i just bought the new limited edition 80cc engine kit from powerkingshop on ebay, i've emailed him many times about the kit and he says that it is the top quality kit from the factory. it has a new muffler new throttle and a high qualtity engine made from only the best parts. i want to know from you guys if what he says about the kit is true and it is a whole better engine then the other ones he sells, or if hes full of ****e. id just like to know if anyone has bouth from him before also, if you could answer these questions, thatd be great.

heres the web site link: LIMITED 80CC BICYCLE MOTOR ENGINE KIT MOTORIZED BIKE ! - (eBay.ca item 380058547091 end time 04-Sep-08 20:09:23 EDT)

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I got 1 from them also, my buddy bought two from them. Neither of us will buy from him again. We made this choice, not because of anything powerkingshop did or didn't do, we have read a lot about different vendors and will go with someone else next time. We know we will pay a little more but believe we will get a better engine and better service from someone else.

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
okay, thanks for the replys so far, i hope that the engine work good for me, even though it is cheap, i still ended up paying over $200 Can for it, i live in Can so, the price difference is not to big, but big enough for some one with not alot of moola to play with. Eh!

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
If the kit works for you, it will save you that in a couple of months. Not to mention all the fun you'll have.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
yeah, what Deacon said
my motor runs great until I try to improve something lol
all in all I'm happy with it. however I will still go with a different vendor next time

Courtney Hook

Aug 24, 2008
I just put this kit on my MB, and it works fine, and is of very good quality, so don't sweat it. The kit is just as good as anybody else's on the web as far as I can see.
Have fun with it, but remember to take your time when installing it, and double check everything you do. I built mine slowly and carefully over a period of 4 days, fitting, refitting, and doublechecking, especially my sprocket and tensioner setup.

LordMaximo

Aug 31, 2008
High Plains Desert, Roy UT
As I see the big picture........ install the kit, use the kit, give us a detailed feedback on the kit. Lets not be throwing the towel out before you actually have a good bead rolling off your forhead! And for what its' really worth, give your investment the chance to earn its due before you slam the retailer on your purchase.
You could have done something different, but you didn't. Let the story play out first, you never know, it might actually be the ugly duckling you read about when you were young. :cool: Maximo

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Welcome to the addiction. I've found that what I have is never good enough. But that's just me. I like to tinker and see what else I can improve or change. Give the kit a chance and see if it's to your liking. If your like many here, you'll want to add this and change that just so that it becomes an extension of you. Each build is different so good luck and have fun with it.

Biker Mike

Mar 21, 2008
Cropwell Alabama
Hi joe, welcome to the forum. I have purchased these engines from several different vendors and each one seems to have it's own personality if ya know what I mean. I have noticed each one runs a little different and each has its own tic's and rattles. Just read thru the different threads in the forum and take the advice of these kid gentlemen and you will be fine. I do not think it really matters where you bought your engine as long as you get it on a bike and have a blast. It won't be long before your looking for your 2nd kit. Enjoy and all the best. :ride2:

Mike

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"... but it's only
a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to? :D

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
well, one thing that really bugs me is, by now, that guy KNOWS the actual displacement of the *ahem* "80cc's" he's selling is closer to 67-point-something cc's.

why that bugs me? the world may never know.