Schwinn Stingray OCC chopper Pitbike Build

GoldenMotor.com

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
I have already posted some of these pics, but I will do so again to keep it all straight. I will be adding more pics as I go on this build. If anyone has any suggestions or comments I would like to hear them.
This Is the bike I'm starting out with:

And this is the donor bike I'm using for the engine, tank, headlight etc.

Here is the start of getting the bike frame ready for the engine, I removed the seat tube.

Of course I ground the edges down smooth on top and bottom so the engine isn't damaged when it is mounted.

Last edited:

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
I took pics of every wiring plug so I could match them back up later because the colors don't match from male to female plugs, it seems the Chinese wasn't too keen on color coding in any sense of the word for it to help later during repairs. You could easily plug them together wrong without taking the time to take note or pics of which plug goes where.

My first mock up, is the tank big enough? LOL!

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Say how much about does that motor weigh? I know it is prolly posted somewhere just don't know at the moment.

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Say how much about does that motor weigh? I know it is prolly posted somewhere just don't know at the moment.
I have no idea. I never even thought about that to tell you the truth.
But I did find this on the internet to answer my questions about chain size.

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Lookin' good fundreamer - but of we need moar pics lol (^)

It varies from model to model, depending on displacement ofc, but also which clutch/auto type it is & if you've a full electric start sys or not - but the average is in the 35-40lb range. Sounds like a lot & it is in some ways, but given it's got a true transmission & a proper electrical system... *shrug*

With an frame mount like the above & I bet you'll never notice the weight ;)

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Congrats, again my fellow Chopper builder on your Schwinn Stingray OCC Chopper build, with a chinese cloned horizontal Honda 50cc 4-stroke ATV / Dirt Bike/ Pit Bike engine.

Welcome to the motorized bicycling addiction, I'm sure this will be the first of many builds from you.

We are all here to help with suggestions if wanted or needed!

Peace Crazy Horse.
PS, I've been doing some research for rear wheels to be used with these type of engines, sportscarpat has some nice dual drive rear moped hubs with built in heavy duty drum brakes. PM sportscarpat for more info!

..shft.

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Congrats, again my fellow Chopper builder on your Schwinn Stingray OCC Chopper build, with a chinese cloned horizontal Honda 50cc 4-stroke ATV / Dirt Bike/ Pit Bike engine.

Welcome to the motorized bicycling addiction, I'm sure this will be the first of many builds from you.

We are all here to help with suggestions if wanted or needed!

Peace Crazy Horse.
PS, I've been doing some research for rear wheels to be used with these type of engines, sportscarpat has some nice dual drive rear moped hubs with built in heavy duty drum brakes. PM sportscarpat for more info!

..shft.
I can't tell you how happy it makes me that there is so much help available here. I looked around for the sprocket and decided to order one from King's, it looks like it would work just fine. I will probably try to PM sportscarpat tomorrow and see what he has. Thanks again Crazy Horse
FD

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Where's your pictures? They're gone from your earlier posts..shft.

Did you remove them?

C.H.
Not intentionally, I needed to make a change on photobucket and the only way I could do it was the completely close down the account and start a new one. I will repost them soon. I got another computer and I need to take some of the pics again. LOL! When it rains it pours.