New Chopper soon to be build

GoldenMotor.com

littleman456

Sep 10, 2009
Minnesota
So I am going to build a chopper as my main source of transportation for next summer. My thought is to use this frame:BicycleDesigner: Your one stop source for lowrider bike and chopper.
And Using the wheels, tires, rear brakes, bb, crank, and pedals from a cranbrook...
How well would this work? and for a chopper would it be ok to use only rear brakes? because the forks I want to use are disc brakes and I don't really want the hassle...
Also could I make a custom fiberglass gas tank? or is fiberglass a big no?
Thanks,
Littleman

As far as the brakes, I've gone with just back brakes on my mountain bike for a few dozen miles. It's worked. I set up the the front brakes and I like it more with both sets. I think the front are worth setting up.

As far as the fiber glass, seems like a fun idea. Something to stick underneath it to absorb the vibes might help.

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
in my modest experience, the more brakes, the better, particularly since standard caliper and coaster brakes really don't supply the greatest stopping power when your engine can reach over 40mph. Stopping when you need to is really, really nice.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Kind of looks like the motor will be at an odd angle unless the forks are extended, but then the frame will be high off the ground.